Der ACME WolverSPEVlin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PunkRocketScience

Reaction score
Okay, so I set out simply to come up with a really cool finish for my new ACME Spitfire... But the experiment has gone terribly RIGHT!

Apologies to Jim Flis, but with what started out as a stock Spitfire has become a set of four-in-one clones! Using the ACME airframe, I substituted the fin patterns for the Red Max, Wolverine, SPEV and Goblin. I scaled the fins so that they were about the same size as the stock fins, to maintain stability. The paint job on this thing is definitely a challenge. Astronboy Phred helped out with the mixed assorted decals that were needed, and PRESTO!

Hope that you all enjoy this one, and hopefully it will inspire some creative clone/kitbashing!

Cool Idea!

Sorta looks like JimZ's site exploded all over your model!

Awesome!!! I love it - most excellent. :cool:

Of course, the bad thing is now I want one of them there ACME rockets.

Off to check the old bank account...

Kinda reminds me of a rocket I had a dream about....After tooo much "Green Sauce" from Taco Bell...:p

Seriously...great Job!

Sort of looks like you picked up the pieces after a day of bad launches, went home and 'Frankensteined' something!
Great idea!

Thank you all for the praise. The Spitfire always looked like it was "Frankensteined" together to me anyways, so this was kinda a natural progression.

I'm just waiting for Jim Flis to chime in....;)

I think it mutated,
You don't live close to a toxic waste site do you?
Looks cool.

Originally posted by RocketmanTM

I'm just waiting for Jim Flis to chime in....;)

**chime**

Oh man, youse guys is *sick*!! :D and I love it!

This is the kind of thing that I be Vern Estes would get a real kick out of! Folks actually having FUN with rocketry! who'da'thunk it??

I gotta admit, i'm thinking about doing another spitfire just so I can do something like this (different but just as nuts) :)

I love it!

Save this one... ...I plan on having an ACME skin contest before too long!

Please, please, PLEASE post pix of her launch and the reaction from the field :)

I plan on launching next weekend at PlasterBlaster, so I will get the pics posted as soon as I can afterwards!

now that is to cool I love it I did mine in the tin can paint and then used the ol duct tape on the seams see it at fliskits.com in the photo gallery the rocket just screams for a paint/ decor job as goofy as the builder can dream up. keep it up!!!!!!!!!!:D

Very AWESOME!!! My question is how come I did not think of that idea?

Didn't the wolverine have parasite gliders? Or was it a glider? ... hmm... gotta look that up...

Originally posted by jflis
**chime**

Oh man, youse guys is *sick*!! :D and I love it!

This is the kind of thing that I be Vern Estes would get a real kick out of! Folks actually having FUN with rocketry! who'da'thunk it??

:)

You never know, I suspect Mr. E might surf through here once in a while... lol...

You know the kind of mind that came up with the Spaceman and Birdie could probably dig it...

:D :D :p :D

That model captures the spirit of what the ACME Spitfire is all about.

What a great model.

Pics...as promised.

Still amazed the silly thing flies as well as it does. It doesn't land so hot though.... I popped a fin on both landings, but that could be due to the non-stock fins.

Great pix.

She does fly very well, doesn't she? :D :D

Also, I was going to comment on the fins with the concern that those larger fins may pop off... I didn't cuz I didn't want it to sound like I was dis'ing your design (cuz I ain't!) :)

Try putting strakes on either side of each fin to act as a beefed up fillet and see if that helps.

jim

Thanks for the suggestion, Jim. There were 3-4 Spitfires flying at Plaster Blaster this year....too bad mine was in the pits for repairs when they got drag raced! Anybody got pictures?

Back