Delta IV Heavy Now Available at jonrocket.com

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, this is just a hobby for me, I won't and don't plan to get rich off these. I will do them if there is interest, so that I can give back to this great community of rocketeers in the best way I can.

Thanks,
-Carl-

P.S. Now when I retire from my "sparky" day job, then I may change my mind.... :)

Don't worry people will love your kits and when are you planning on doing a test flight using a E6?

Don't worry people will love your kits and when are you planning on doing a test flight using a E6?

He said you could commision him. That means you pay him for the cost to do it and he will test it.

Carl, I would be suprised if you made ANY money off these kits. It takes alot to get return on investment in this hobby. Many people try to make kits and just cant sustain them. My hats off to you!

Ben

He said you could commision him. That means you pay him for the cost to do it and he will test it.

Carl, I would be suprised if you made ANY money off these kits. It takes alot to get return on investment in this hobby. Many people try to make kits and just cant sustain them. My hats off to you!

Ben

Precisely why I truly respect people like Carl and others who make kits that no one else would touch because of fiscal liabilities....and why I would never question prices for such fine scale replicas.As a rocket guy who loves and builds mostly scale ,when I see stuff like this ,I don`t hesitate to snap them up right away.As soon as Carl`s Medium becomes available again from Jonrockets.....It`s gonna be sold !! :D

Hats off to you !!

Sincerely

Paul T

PS- I better go to Jonrocket right now ,just in case the mediums are in !

I tried to order today but American express always gets turned down by paypal

Unpacked the rocket. All pieces present. Instructions and wraps look great again. Looks like centering rings and nose cones are a good fit. This is going to be a nice rocket.

My kit came with yellow, blue, and florescent green parachutes. I think that may make tracking the pieces a little easier with multiple spotters. One spotter can say they have a bead on yellow, another can track, green, etc.

If Carl makes additional rockets available in kit form (ie: Delta II, Atlas V), i hope they are to the same scale. That way i can place them in a row next to each other for display purposes. If not exactly the same scale, i'd like them to lean towards 1/70th.

Bob

Should have mine in a week or so (shipping to Canada takes a little longer :() ,but I do look forward to the kit and the Delta Medium when it becomes available.

And yes ,I hope Delta II & Atlas are in the works ,cause this boy wants them.

Paul

I just placed my order for the heavy kit and Jonrockets was very helpful, my order should be filled by tommorow and it should be in the mail by Tuesday! It should be here Saturday latest, but I have had stuff come in from colorado in less then 3 days so I can't wait!

Dang, dang, dang.... I missed ordering one!!!!!! I hate when work
gets in the way of my life....

Dang, dang, dang.... I missed ordering one!!!!!! I hate when work
gets in the way of my life....

I am about to order up some raw and new custom parts from my suppliers. I am planning to do 5 more Mediums and 5 more Heavy's and then go OOP for awhile as I work on some new projects. (Delta II, Atlas V and my other MPR/HPR stuff).

Maybe I should call my kits "Limited Editions" and charge 250% of my costs? Nah...I don't want to pay anymore income tax than I do now.

Thanks for the interest.

I have a question about the Delta 4 Heavy model. Why do you have the motor tubes hang so far out the back of the rocket?

This picture may help...The tail cone on the Delta IV house all of the RS68 engine, the nozzle bell is quite large too and I used that dimension for the aft end of my motors.

Delta IV Heavy Motor Extension.jpg

I am about to order up some raw and new custom parts from my suppliers. I am planning to do 5 more Mediums and 5 more Heavy's and then go OOP for awhile as I work on some new projects. (Delta II, Atlas V and my other MPR/HPR stuff).

Maybe I should call my kits "Limited Editions" and charge 250% of my costs? Nah...I don't want to pay anymore income tax than I do now.

Thanks for the interest.

Tell m when you get to a 3 stage clustered saturn V or a fully finless Aries 1

Back