Delta IV Heavy launch 6:06 EST tonight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Port Orange, about 60 miles from there as the crow flies. I plan on taking a clip. I'll post it if it comes out good.

I wish it was a manned flight. :mad:

I live in Port Orange, about 60 miles from there as the crow flies. I plan on taking a clip. I'll post it if it comes out good.

I wish it was a manned flight. :mad:

Darn you Port Orange. Got my last speeding ticket there trying to get to a good spot to see a Shuttle Launch.

do you know when it is postponed to?

Matt

From SpaceFlightNow.com
2158 GMT (4:58 p.m. EST)
United Launch Alliance says details on rescheduling the Delta 4-Heavy
rocket flight won't be settled tonight and liftoff isn't going to happen on
Saturday. We'll pass along the new launch date when it is announced.

From SpaceFlightNow.com
2158 GMT (4:58 p.m. EST)
United Launch Alliance says details on rescheduling the Delta 4-Heavy
rocket flight won't be settled tonight and liftoff isn't going to happen on
Saturday. We'll pass along the new launch date when it is announced.

..a pesky problem we've been having lately...

I heard they scrubbed the launch as they had gotten the Delta IV out to the pad and only then realized they had forgotten to attach the launch lugs. :gavel:

Darn you Port Orange. Got my last speeding ticket there trying to get to a good spot to see a Shuttle Launch.

Do you know the local PD's motto here?

"Welcome to Port Orange... you're under arrest."

I know quite a few Port Orange Police Officers and they are great guys and gals. A couple even live on my block. That being said, even THEY tell me there is a definitely overzealous faction on the force.

Whatever you do, be extra careful in the town of Ponce Inlet. There are a couple of VERY overzealous officers there.

Update from ULA:

'Delta IV Heavy will launch the NROL-32 mission
on Sunday Nov. 21 5:58pm EST...'

Hopefully....

I heard they scrubbed the launch as they had gotten the Delta IV out to the pad and only then realized they had forgotten to attach the launch lugs. :gavel:

That makes me feel better. Even the big guns forget launch lugs from time to time. But what size rails are they using? I would think unistrut rail buttons would be more sufficient :D

Do you know the local PD's motto here?

"Welcome to Port Orange... you're under arrest."

I know quite a few Port Orange Police Officers and they are great guys and gals. A couple even live on my block. That being said, even THEY tell me there is a definitely overzealous faction on the force.

Whatever you do, be extra careful in the town of Ponce Inlet. There are a couple of VERY overzealous officers there.
Makes note since I plan to be in that area for "planned" shuttle launch on the 30th.Went to Ponce Inlet after last scrub...good thing I was taking in the scenery instead of speeding like normal.LOL

I read that the launch engineer left the clip-whip at home!

G.D.

I read that the launch engineer left the clip-whip at home!

G.D.

shuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....don't speak so loud.

It went off like clockwork last night, unfortunately, low clouds inland prevented most from being able to see it.

This was my first launch in over 5 years I wasn't in the LCC. My son's wedding was last night. Family comes first, even for rockets. :)

Yep. I never thought they were going to launch. I pulled into my driveway convinced the launch would be scrubbed, and my neighbor from across the street is yelling "Paul, it's going up". All I could see was a dim glow behind the clouds, with only a couple of instants that it popped out through the clouds. I tried to take a video, but being caught off guard, I couldn't get my camera dialed in and it was only a blur.

Maybe next time.

shuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....don't speak so loud.

It went off like clockwork last night, unfortunately, low clouds inland prevented most from being able to see it.

This was my first launch in over 5 years I wasn't in the LCC. My son's wedding was last night. Family comes first, even for rockets. :)

Does Moose work the Delta-IV launches?

Back