Delta IV Heavy Information

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gladiator1332

Reaction score
I already built a Delta IV Heavy, but I built it out of what I had left over from my Starchaser Thunderbird, so it isn't an exact scale rocket, I am not happy with the results I got, and I want to build a new a larger one. I want to do a 3 engine parallel cluster so it is just like the real one, right now the rocket I have is small enough to be launched by a single B or C engine.

Does anyone have some demensions of the Delta IV Heavy that I can useto build it?

The Delta IV Heavy has two boosters that are the same size of the first stage and give off the same amount of thrust, I am going to have a 3 engine parallel cluster to simulate this. I am guessing I will need parachutes in the boosters as well as the main stage? Is it possible to have the two strap boosters fall away like the real thing? Maybe have them attached like a glider is, and have them fall away, and if I did do thiscan they have parachutes deployed? I know the fall away with parachutes is complicated, just need to know if it can be done without any technical onboard computer stuff, and just with physics and a little luck.

So the options are:
1. One parachute in Mainstage
2. Booster nose cones come off and parachutes deploy as well as the main stage nose cone comes off deploying a parachute
3. Boosters nose cones come off, parachutes deploy and boosters fall away, main stage nose cone comes off and parachute deploys at same time.

Back