Deleting Threads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

powderburner

Reaction score
One of the mods might send him a quick email to explain.
When it comes down to it, here on TRF we do seem to have some quirky things happen. This guy is new to TRF; if he is also new to forums (in general) and forum operations, he may well be perplexed as to where all those posts went. A quick note from the right place might help him immensely to figure out what just happened?

bobkrech

Reaction score
I am the moderator that pulled the thread and I sent an PM to the initiator.

The remote cell phone igniter that he mentioned is the same circuit that terrorists use to set off IEDs in Iraq and Afganistan.

The thread was pulled because the first post was inappriopriate and the content of the thread deteriorated quickly thereafter.

Bob

Indiana

Reaction score
Didn't he also say he likes to make his own IEDs?

bobkrech

Reaction score
Yes he did. I am currently running a background check on him. I believe he is either a troll or a kid. If I find anything different, I'll drop a dime.

Bob

dave carver

....what hump?
Reaction score
ahhh, thanks. I was wondering what was up with the deletion but after what he studied I'd bet he's no kid. That long-hair math is waaay over my head. I can do formulas where you plug in the numbers but I'm the guy it took 2 years to get through Algebra 1:p

H_Rocket

Death by Powerpoint
Reaction score
Oh gee, building IEDs as payloads and using a cell phone based launch system is not a suitable discussion topic?

The horror....

RangerStl

Reaction score
Oh gee, building IEDs as payloads and using a cell phone based launch system is not a suitable discussion topic?

The horror....
"The FORCE (of sarcasm) is strong with this one...."

:D

Phred

Reaction score
I was equally disturbed by the fact that although this poster was politely told twice that his topic was taboo on this forum, he not only continued, but began to criticise those who suggested he move on.

Thanks for pulling this one.

CharlaineC

Reaction score
From a gal who spent a few years in a wheelchair and had to relarn to walk because of an IED i an very glad this was caught and removed befor i saw it.

Larry Curcio

Reaction score
Yes he did. I am currently running a background check on him. I believe he is either a troll or a kid. If I find anything different, I'll drop a dime.

Bob
Without taking any definable position :D...

The issue reminds me of my very favorite _Dimension X_ radio program, "A Logic Named Joe" from a short story by Murray Leinster.

The story, which pretty squarely predicts the internet from a point in time before 1950, involves a personal computer that tells a kid how to make blow gun dart poison. It also tells people how to commit the perfect murder. Great fun.

https://ia331340.us.archive.org/2/i...Dimension_X_1950-07-01__13_ALogicNamedJoe.mp3