[deleted]

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoyoteNumber2

Original San Diego High Power Rocketry
Reaction score
           ​‎‏

Last edited:
I have a leftover stock body tube from an Alpha III kit I used for another project.

The length of the BT-50 body tube is 5 1/2".

5 and 1/2 inches. I did the same thing not long ago. What was left from an 18 inch tube I used to build an Argosy, I had the cone with weight added, all the fins, and a set of decals on hand already.

Alpha III and Argosy 01.jpg

Hello Team,

Can anyone tell me the stock length of the BT-50 body tube of the Estes Alpha III? I am resurrecting mine but no longer have the original body tube.

Thanks.
Not sure if you are aware of it, but there is a great resource at Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe
under the Building Tips link -- it is a listing of Estes body tubes by model and part number ... as mentioned earlier the BT-50EE is 5.5" long.
This resource is fantastic for cloning and repairs!

Good resource that list is. My Argosy is about 1/4 inch too short though. Just one tip if you cut tube for the Alpha III, make double sure the end is perfectly square. I didn't have the cutting guides at the time. My cut was crooked, and took a few hours with sandpaper to even it out.

Back