• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

[deleted]

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoyoteNumber2

Original San Diego High Power Rocketry
Reaction score
           ​‎‏

Last edited:
Hell,

Do you know if the plane is below 500 g with rocket motor installed?

Thanks

I hope you get this flying at DART I would love to see it. I fly RG down there myswlf, it is a perfect spot for gliders

Mr Matt- thanks for the suggestion! I used to fly the little stuff out there with Alex, Jim and Kevin (r.i.p.) Think I'll try it there first...we lost the last grass field we were allowed to go flying at (airplanes AND rokketts??!)before so I was looking to get out of rcrgs completely. Seems that most of the regular crews ( I may be old but some of these guys are ancient!) of R/C flyers reeaaallly hate "all that smoke and noise" so there have been a few places I'm unwelcomed. What do you fly? Maybe pontoons on the Blackbird?

I fly small BP rockets with my son and a few rocket gliders.

I started rockets about a year ago but I have flown RC for maybe 18 years. I mainly fly RC turbines but there are some FAA things coming so I am waiting patiently to see how that comes out before I start heavy into any new jets.

Speaking of pontoons, if the FAA still allow jets after the new rules my next plane is a turbine sea plane.

Bring out that SR71 we can get it going. I would change out that radio transmitter/receiver to a modern 2.4 GHz and of course new RX batteries. And start searching everywhere for CG info from anyone who has flown it.

Mr Matt- Let's hook up! How cool are turbines?! Made my own pulse jet back in the 60's...totally ridiculous but uber cool for a kid. Mounted it on plywood as a test stand...bad move LOL! I've got loads of BP/LPR supplies for your boy...is he old enough to make his own yet? i actually got the blackbird for the cox 049 motor...mine have disappeared years ago. When is the next launch? I could use a mentor for the new r/c systems as the old birds would benefit greatly from the weight savings of the newer rx's and power supplies. P.m. me Thx!

I will PM you, I hope I have PM set up on this account.

the new DART schedule for the balance of 2011 is not up, I come down from LA and we make a day or weekend of it usually. If you come up to LA we can fly it at Sante Fe

In (loose) priority order

1.) Figure out the recommended CG
2.) recycle the batteries (you need to know the proper CG first so you can get the right new batteries to get it to balance) Batteries have changed A LOT since the plane was new.
3.) Make a decision whether you want to keep that OEM TX/RX (I will PM more about that).
4.) Test the servos/TX/RX
5.) Find the right motors.
6.) Make/Modify a launcher.

etc etc

Back