delete post function

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

samb

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to re-activate the delete post function ? Despite my best self-editing efforts the occasional ridiculous, insane, way past 2AM, just plain wrong post slips through here with my name on it. :blush: It was nice to be able clean up my own mess.

OverTheTop

Reaction score
Don't want to clean up any one else's mess? That might be a neat feature if we could talk the moderators into allowing us to do that!

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
What a coincidence. I was just thinking that I'd like to be able to delete samb's posts. :wink:

samb

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Well anyway, once upon a time you could delete your own posts through the edit function. If I remember correctly, this function was removed after a few immature folks deleted all their posts in multiple thread, creating quite a headache for the moderators. I'd like to see the functionality restored, maybe on a trial basis ?

DavidMcCann

Reaction score
Well anyway, once upon a time you could delete your own posts through the edit function. If I remember correctly, this function was removed after a few immature folks deleted all their posts in multiple thread, creating quite a headache for the moderators. I'd like to see the functionality restored, maybe on a trial basis ?

Considering we're left with people replacing posts with empty dots, I don't see why they can't just leave the function. Any thread a mass delete happens in is a dumpster fire anyways.

timbucktoo

Staff member
Global Mod
Reaction score
Considering we're left with people replacing posts with empty dots, I don't see why they can't just leave the function. Any thread a mass delete happens in is a dumpster fire anyways.
What's an empty dot?

neil_w

Hunkered down
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I think a delete post function would be useful but needs to be restrained. There's already a limit of 1 post per minute, I could imagine limiting deletions to 1 per, say, 10 minutes or longer, like an hour or even a day. I think that would effectively discourage mass deletes, but allow the feature to be employed usefully when needed occasionally.

KidRockET

Epstein didn't kill himself
Reaction score
I think we could use a...

"Nuke the Entire Site From Orbit" function...:cool: