Delayed/Air-Start in Open Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PayLoad

I don't do spirals
Reaction score
In a cluster rocket, 3 motors are to start at 0.0 seconds and one is to start at +3.0 seconds.

How do I sim this in Open Rocket? (I did do a search)

Attachments

• Moon-Shot IV.ork
    2 KB · Views: 1
In a cluster rocket, 3 motors are to start at 0.0 seconds and one is to start at +3.0 seconds.

How do I sim this in Open Rocket? (I did do a search)

You don't... at least I've never stumbled upon it.

Just spit balling here... never tried it.. but..

1.0 Use std 1st stage motors, run the simulation and make note of the data when the 2nd stage fires.

2.0 Then create your own motors for the 1st stage, but with a 3 second burn time. Then adjust the average thrust of your motors to get them to match your rockets performance from step 1.0 above

You just need to add the surrounding motor tubes as a separate inner tube object. As far as I know, all of the motors in a single "inner tube" instance have to start at the same time, but separate motor mounts can be set to different motors and ignited at different times.

Separate inner tubes gets you a motor configuration tab that looks like this:
1620005849242.png

You just need to add the surrounding motor tubes as a separate inner tube object. As far as I know, all of the motors in a single "inner tube" instance have to start at the same time, but separate motor mounts can be set to different motors and ignited at different times.

Separate inner tubes gets you a motor configuration tab that looks like this:
View attachment 462626

I see what you are doing and understand it - how do you edit to say "Launch +3"? And thank you

Back