Delamar NV Rocket Launch Memorial Day Weekend 25K'

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob702Martinez

Zip-Tie Oversight Committee
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Delamar Rocket launch Memorial Day Weekend

Delamar Dry Lake Bed, NV

Friday May 26th

Saturday May 27th

Sunday May 28th

Monday will be a traveling day!

Potluck on Saturday evening 6:00 p.m. All are welcome to participate. Bring your favorite dish!

25,000' MSL waiver open all day.

If you haven't been before, or if you haven't been in a while, come on out. Perfect time to test before Black Rock, or if you can't make Black Rock.

More info at https://www.tripolivegas.com/

Last edited:
One of my favorite launch sites! I should have multiple J and K flights ready. Sky is great for star and satellite watching if clear at night. 4500 ft elevation makes for cool nights and warm days, great camping!
Steve H. tra# 6722

Rob,

Do you know what vendors are attending?

With Monday the 29th being a day off for most people, do you expect flying will continue into Sunday afternoon/evening?

Looking forward to this launch now that we have PORTA-POTTIES out there for the launch weekend. :clap:

Much more convientient for day trips, overnight stays and camping.

Rob,

Do you know what vendors are attending?

With Monday the 29th being a day off for most people, do you expect flying will continue into Sunday afternoon/evening?

Historically no vendors have come to DeLamar. I spoke with Bill @ Balsa Machine who is our local vendor, if we could have him out there to support the club and flyers. As we get a little closer I can give him a headcount, then we will know if BM will be available out there.

or if you are going, call or email Balsa Machine, let them know you are going, and would like to have an on-site vendor, especially a motor vendor.

We start flying earlier in the AM, and through out the day, we work around the W's schedule.
Sunday historically we are done around 11am.

Thanks for the heads up about Balsa Machining, Rob. I'll buy at least 3 motors if they show up. I'll give them a call.

Thanks Bryan, i believe this DeLamar will be bigger than last with more flyers needing an on-site motor vendor. I know I'm good for at least 3 J-K motors....and more through the weekend.

Just a heads up for where we are out there....there is a lava rock island on the west side of the bed. That's where we all set up.

Delamar was great! Thanks to everyone that was there. I'm excited for next year!

Back