Deepsky Order Updates!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just *had* to make a quick post on here to say how cool the deepsky Order Status thingymabob is! :D
I placed an order for one of their shirts. It first comes up with a page showing the shipping/billing address, and what was ordered and dates and all that. Then the next day an email arrives in my inbox telling me that there had been an update to my order! I check out the link and there was a personal message from Paul telling me that I had got the last Large shirt and asked me if I wanted to pick it up at EARS on Sunday. Then Monday morning he updates it again saying he just put it in the post!

The only other website I've seen this sort of thing used is on the Bandmerch merchandise website. This just gives the added personal touch, and makes shopping with Deepsky even better!

Rock on Deepsky! :D

Phil

Originally posted by WiK
Rock on Deepsky! :D
Preach-on brother WiK! :D

Andy was always good at sending out e-mails, letting you know how your order was progressing - but Paul can e-mail for Britain! - Postman Pat was a tad 'over-zealous' with one of my recent deliveries, and Paul is keeping me up to date, daily on the progress of the damaged part.

Indeed ;-)

Did you know that I Blast Off for Britain?

https://www.blastoff4britain.org.uk

I'm about to >>try<< to post the Maiden Voyage newsletter over in the vendors section. I haven't used TRF in anger for a year or so I might not engage the warp drive correctly first go ;)

Paul

HI!

Yeah, the British Festival of Space was a good gig and it helped us get some dosh together for the Junior team. They did not do that bad for total novices at the European Space Modelling Championships last year. Serbia was, er, interesting.

We are hoping to get a bigger team over to the World Championships in Poland in September. It's been a long hard road and the BMFA and certain screw-ups have made it much harder than it should have been.

However, we are reasonably sure that we can fly them funky little competition rockets with the best come September!

They are going to skip a year for the Fest o'Space but there are plans for another one anon. They rather needed a lot more PR but maybe ESA and the latest Mars thing can generate some more public interest...

Paul

Yep,being kept up to date on yer orders is great.Its one of the best things about internet shopping:)

Originally posted by WiK
And, yeah, OMG!! Paul on TRF again :D

Yeah, good to see Paul on here, but he's got to get himself an avatar though...

You need to use a file format that supports animation, like gif.
What would you put on it?

I was going to send this to cyder, but he changed his avatar:

Ah, another fan of Braque's Big Black Breast... not many rocketeers are sophisticated enough to appreciate the humour in a foamboard rocket that does Level 1 and Level 2 after two spacks...

BBBB has a decendent: The Mother Of All Tetrahedrons: three 2 litre N2O tanks and a Hypertek M up the middle. The forward ballast is seven kilos of engine turned brass which feeds the tankage into the gaping maw of the Hypertek injector bell.

It may fly by September but I have two young girls that need to get their Level 3s before old dad ;-)

Paul

You want an animated gif? The possibilities are endless!

Maybe one of you cyber artistes can make Phobos and Deimos orbit the red planet? Don't worry about precession ;-)

Spot the deliberate mistake in the logo and win a free rocket ;-)

Originally posted by plavin

Spot the deliberate mistake in the logo and win a free rocket ;-)

Hmmmmmm..... Deimos, the smaller of the two moons, should be outermost. You have it closest.

I would hazard a guess that you have your moons the wrong way round.With phobos the bigger of the two being closest to mars.

Hokky was quickest - contact me off list with an address for a suitable reward ;-)

Paul

Back