Dedicated Stereo/Audio/Video thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobie1dog

Sea Killer rocket
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Since there a fair number of Non-Rocketry threads, this one is for the enthusiastic stereo lovers. Pictures of cool audio gear is appreciated .
Stereo Integrity subwoofer on left
vtWK0cX.jpg

Some old car audio, some pics may be a bit fuzzy.

Alphasonik/Visonik A-265 from ~1983, Alphasonik MA-2035 from ~1987

Alphasoniks.JPG

P-2 preamp/EQ late 1980's

P-2.JPG

Alphasonik D6200's 2-way plates from ~1986. 4" woofer and 1" dome are made by HECO.

SANY2468.JPG SANY2461.JPG

Last edited:
Stereo Integrity 24"sub
sWKrcXT.jpg

You're not married, are you.

Best I could pull off is a 1000W SVS 13". And I'm afraid it will break things. I know it will shake things off shelves. I thought a second one would do a better job filling the room with sound. Of course, I'd probably wind up with cracks in the drywall.

I can't imagine what that one will do.....without smiling.

You're not married, are you.

Best I could pull off is a 1000W SVS 13". And I'm afraid it will break things. I know it will shake things off shelves. I thought a second one would do a better job filling the room with sound. Of course, I'd probably wind up with cracks in the drywall.

I can't imagine what that one will do.....without smiling.
It moves 5" of travel. It would take approx. 20 SVS subs to equal the displacement of this thing. I got to hear a comparison of 1 of these to 8 of the Stereo Integrity HT18" drivers, and it was hard to tell the difference.

Hel-2.jpeg
My computer headphone/speaker DAC/amp. It's a Schiit Hel 2. The headphone plug is partially pulled out so it plays through the speakers. (Pay no mind to the kitty litter container below my desk. It's my sharps container for used syringes/lancets/etc.)

I have a Schiit Sol on its way soon. I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives.

Used to be an audio hobbyist - this is pure humor and kidding listing some hot button statements on how to start a really really big argument in audio : ) Rocketry is much more opinion-tolerant. Think of the below groups in political terms and you'll get it.

Solid State Supporter Statements:
Bottles (tubes for you non-audio guys) don't make bass. Aaugh!
Due to their gradual high-end roll-off and audible 2nd harmonics, tubes signal-process audio. Aaugh!
Subwoofers and crossovers are good. Aaugh!

Tube Supporter Statements:
Transistors add third harmonics and sound harsh. Aaugh!
Even Pure Class A Solid State amps do this. Aaugh!
Tube bass is correct, not thumpy like transistors make. Aaugh!

Both sides: Double blind tests tell you nothing. Aaugh!
What this really means is the cooler it looks, the better it sounds : )

Cryogenically treated audio cables cause huge arguments. IMHO, the best flames with the least content I ever read on audio BBS's were about these. I won't even go there...

This is from a guy with a Zen Triode headphone amp and an M3 pure class A headphone amp I built. Actually both are good in different ways, the Zen is fun because you can fiddle a live recording on it and hear background noise they mixed out...

BTW: the AMB M3 amp is highly recommended. I won't say which one I like better.

Cheers / Robert

And you built a great one. I really like how the front appears to float.

I've been wanting to assemble a tube amp for a long time time. I'm inspired.
The build is pretty easy. I suggest that you include the tone assy as I did.
The transformers are pretty heavy so by putting them in the bottom of the base in the rear they counter balance the floating top.IMG_8503.JPGIMG_8504.JPGIMG_8505.JPG

Back