decals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjtx

Reaction score
This past summer I purchased an up-scaled (24mm) Big Bertha clone from B.M.S. and have finally finished construction. It has been primed and final sanded and I am waiting for temperature and humidity to cooperate for painting. My question is that I need a source to order up-scaled decals. I appreciate any or all responses. Thanks. T.J.

This past summer I purchased an up-scaled (24mm) Big Bertha clone from B.M.S. and have finally finished construction. It has been primed and final sanded and I am waiting for temperature and humidity to cooperate for painting. My question is that I need a source to order up-scaled decals. I appreciate any or all responses. Thanks. T.J.

Two sources I'd suggest...

Stickershock and ...okay, I can't remember the name of Gordy's company, but both have great reputations for treating their customers well.

-Kevin

Gordy's company is Excelsior Rocketry.

https://www.excelsiorrocketry.com/

Yep, that's me!:D

I have several diferent versions of the Big Bertha all upscalable.

I have two of the Pre Damon era styles (before 1969).
The "puffy letters" style

And the 1965 catalog style with the US Air Force. OK, that one is a pre Damon era also.

The only one I don't have is the clunky looking new one (#1948 Beta kit) with the panel lines. Nobody has ever asked for that one.:rolleyes:

Big Bertha pre Damon.JPG

Big Bertha pre Damon2.JPG

Big Bertha Puffy Letters.JPG

Big Bertha US Air ForceJPG.JPG

Last edited:
Excelsior (Gordy) does nice stuff. I just got a set of 1965 BB decals from him for a planned BT-80 upscale. I have always been delighted with the decals that I have gotten from Gordon and his predecessor at Excelsior, what's his name? :confused:

Yup, Phred. :D

MarkII

Excelsior (Gordy) does nice stuff. I just got a set of 1965 BB decals from him for a planned BT-80 upscale. I have always been delighted with the decals that I have gotten from Gordon and his predecessor at Excelsior, what's his name? :confused:

Yup, Phred. :D

MarkII

That was you???:eek:

You guys have to bare with me on one thing.

Your TRF screen name and your real name.

When you guys order stuff, I really have no way of knowing, 'cause it's very rare for someone to order something from me and in the "note to the seller" actually tell me who you are on TRF.

If you guys could remember to do that would really help me. Not manditory but it would be nice.

It's just so I don't act like a dummy 'cause I don't remember who on TRF I sold stuff to.

It's easy for you guys to know my name.:eek:

Phred who?:confused2:

That was you???:eek:

You guys have to bare with me on one thing.

Your TRF screen name and your real name.

When you guys order stuff, I really have no way of knowing, 'cause it's very rare for someone to order something from me and in the "note to the seller" actually tell me who you are on TRF.

If you guys could remember to do that would really help me. Not manditory but it would be nice.

It's just so I don't act like a dummy 'cause I don't remember who on TRF I sold stuff to.

It's easy for you guys to know my name.:eek:
Well, I kind of assumed that you would put 2 + 2 together. After all, how many orders for rocket decals do you get from Tupper Lake, NY?

But sometimes anonymity is a good thing - you don't always need to know where those decals are going... ;)

Phred who?:confused2:
The guy that you paid a cool 2.5 mil to for Excelsior. BTW, I keep meaning to ask him if that check ever cleared... :D :D :D

MarkII

Last edited:
Back