Decals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAviator

Reaction score
I have two questions pertaining to decals. First off, where do most people get custom decals? I've been looking into making my own using the Testors decal paper and sealer, but I obviously can't do white. I do need white for a couple of projects that I'm doing.

Second, what are the general opinions on the Microscale decal products, like Microsol and Microset? What are they used for in the first place?

Thanks!

Based in personal experience, I can enthusiastically recommend the following decal maker:

https://www.excelsiorrocketry.com/ :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

As for Microscale products? Highly recommended.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Use the Liquid Decal Film to coat and strengthen your decals before you apply them. This is especially helpful when you are working with very thin decals like Excelsior's. Thin decals are good because they don't have as much of a "decal look" after they have been applied to the model. But thinner decals are more delicate and it is easy to tear them during application if you are not careful. The Liquid Decal Film helps to strengthen decals without making them too much thicker. Use Microsol to remove the "decal look" from your decals after they are placed in the rocket, so that each decal's image looks like it has been painted on.

MarkII

That's me!:D

Unfortunately I'm going to Wallops Island tomorrow morning for a launch and I won't be back until Friday.

Then I won't leave again until NARAM.

Promise!

What decals are you looking for?

I'm looking for decals for a 0.7% Delta-II, which includes the Delta II launch number (232), the Mission Logo, the words "MCDONNELL DOUGLAS", and a NASA meatball on a white background. See this thread for a pic. The mission logo and NASA meatball background are about 3/4" square.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=4191

Back