Decal Printing Paper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jqavins

Слава Україні
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm bracing myself for a deluge or conflicting answers, but here goes.

I need to order some water slide decal paper for laser printers. Can anyone mention particular brands that you've good or bad experiences with worthy of note?

EDIT: If it matters, clear.

Last edited:
I've always had good luck with Testors, but it has to be fairly new. Older stuff seems to get brittle over time. There is a fella online that sells sheets of decal paper in 8.5x11 that I used for slot car decals. If I can find his web address I'll post it. Much better quality than anything else I have used.

I found it best, for me anyway, to clear coat the decals before actually applying them to your rocket, model car, etc. Just be sure the clear coat that you use is compatible with the decal paper, and ideally, it would be the same clear coat that you plan to use on the rocket.

Having tried many different brands, some which are terrible, the Sunnyscopa brand mentioned above seems to be the best currently available. When in stock, it is available in 3 different thicknesses. I use the thick which is 18 microns thick. Standard is 13 microns.

Back