Decal Film

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket trike

Reaction score
We make our own Declas for our kits was seeing if anyone uses Micro Marks decal paper or their decla film. Right now we use Tango Papa paper. How does Micro Marks paper compare to Tango Papa.

Thank you

Bob:
I've used both tango pappa's and micro-marks. Micro Marks is a far better quality paper AND it comes in flat, protected and well packaged to prevent shipping damage that I did not see with Tango's. Of the Many sources I've used with the possible exception of Decaflat papers Micro-Marks is the highest qualtiy paper, adhesive and film. both Alps and Ink jet papers have worked as advertised;) Is that a ringing enough endorsement?:D
They are a little more expensive in smaller quanities but worth every penny.
Hope this helps.

Is the "spray with clearcoat before using" really that expensive???

If its not, one would think a rocket kit manufacturer who does their own decals would do that before shipping them out.

Just something I noticed with a few of the smaller manufacturers.

CTimm

If I get my decals from Astronboy or JimZ I always ALWAYS precoat the decals in all my kits with liquid decal film from Microscale.

It's cheap, drys very fast and brushes on real easy and lies flat (no brush marks).

It's only about $1 a bottle and a bottle will do 10 or 12 full sheets.

sandman

Originally posted by sandman
If I get my decals from Astronboy or JimZ I always ALWAYS precoat the decals in all my kits with liquid decal film from Microscale.

It's cheap, drys very fast and brushes on real easy and lies flat (no brush marks).

It's only about $1 a bottle and a bottle will do 10 or 12 full sheets.

sandman
Do you use foam or a syn bristle brush?

I use a soft bristle brush to apply the film.

sandman

Originally posted by CTimm
Is the "spray with clearcoat before using" really that expensive???

If its not, one would think a rocket kit manufacturer who does their own decals would do that before shipping them out.

Just something I noticed with a few of the smaller manufacturers.

CTimm

I don't know why tango pappa sells decals that way... NO, whatever clear coat used isn't that expensive. It does take a little experimenting to find "spary clears coats" that do not attack the decal printing. or use Liquid decal from microscale. Either way it does take a little more time. but I'd NEVER send out a set of Alps printed decals without sealing the sheet. just doesn't make sense.

Latest posts

Back