Debbie Reynolds, mother of the late Carrie Fisher has died

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk G

Reaction score
Debbie Reynolds, mother of the late Carrie Fisher who died of a heart attack after 4 days hospitalization, has also passed away, one day after her daughter's passing.
Reynolds, age 84, collapsed at the home of her son as they made funeral arrangements for Carrie. Reynolds was rushed to a hospital with a suspected stroke.
All news agencies are now confirming her passing also.:facepalm:

It is claimed just 15 minutes before her stroke she told her son "I want to be with Carrie". Obviously I have now idea if this is true, but I have no doubt that the stress of loosing her daughter may have contributed to her death.

It is claimed just 15 minutes before her stroke she told her son "I want to be with Carrie". Obviously I have now idea if this is true, but I have no doubt that the stress of loosing her daughter may have contributed to her death.

Then it would really suck to be her son..."screw you, I'm off to be with your sister!"

There is no doubt that the year of 2016 or our Lord will be noted in the History Books for many things.
Unfortunately, the sadness it brings will be a record amount of Movie and Television Stars passings,
as well as other well notable personalities.
May the Wings of Angles carry you to the Heavens effortlessly, Debbie Reynolds.
You are forever presents we be with always on film!

Americans are being brainwashed into a state called Celebrity Worship Syndrome :

https://progressivespring.com/2014/08/11/celebrity-worship-worst-drug-america/

TV studio audiences scream at the sight of their Idols coming upon stage, line up around the block for hours to get a signature. Grocery store check out lanes lined with US, and People magzines, groupies giving sex for bragging rights, etc. Depressing to see society go downhill so fast.

Americans are being brainwashed into a state called Celebrity Worship Syndrome :

TV studio audiences scream at the sight of their Idols coming upon stage, line up around the block for hours to get a signature. Grocery store check out lanes lined with US, and People magzines, groupies giving sex for bragging rights, etc. Depressing to see society go downhill so fast.

I can't agree more! I find it so peculiar whenever someone dies I learn about first right hear on a rocketry forum of all places. People die and they die all the time. It's part of the life cycle so enjoy it while you can!

Yes, these people die too, just like the rest of us. It's not inappropriate to take a little more notice when it is a person who has contributed enjoyable work to our collective experience as a nation. This story might get widespread mention, even if not for the celebrity subjects; just the fact that a mother passed away while planning her daughter's funeral. It seems to be a popular hobby now of keeping up with celebrities though. And some things are a little bit too far, like following the adventures of an associate of a relative of a person who has not done anything but be famous for being famous. (Blac Chyna)

There have been a lot of celebrity deaths lately, and the general trend is going to be upward. There was a certain point in history when movies and TV became something everyone was familiar with. The stars were mostly young. Entertainment got more and more popular and involved a larger number of movie, TV, and music stars. Now we have come to the point where a larger number of personalities are reaching an advanced age. There are also going to be a certain number of people who go before their time, but most of them have helped wind the clock, if you know what I mean. So if you do the math, an increase in famous people dying is not surprising. 2016 is not cursed.

Very well said 10fttall. I have made similar comments on other forums. The TV and movie people many of us grew up watching in the 60's and later are simply getting old and dying off.

As far as celebrity worship goes I don't think that applies to most of the people here. I noted the death of Carrie Fisher as she was in a series of movies that appeal to many of the people here; Star Wars. She was in the original trilogy and appeared in one of recent Star Wars film (I haven't seen Rogue One yet, but heard her character is in it). I read that she completed her work on the next Star Wars movie too. It is sad to know that she will not be in any more of these movies. I do worship her? Hardly. I will miss her acting though. However, I can only name two of her movies outside the Star Wars movies (Blues Brothers and Under the Rainbow). I am sure she has made a lot more than that. And as far as her mother goes I couldn't name a single movie she has done or song she sang (I think she was a singer).

Furthermore, would I note on this forum the sudden passing of President Obama or President-elect Trump? Yes, because they are important people who mean something to the people of this great country. Do I worship either of them? No, they are people just like me and my family.

Last edited:

So fast? All that you described, except for the magazine names, has been true for millennia. The gladiators were the celebrities of their time, for example.

Steve Shannon

Debbie Reynolds' passing probably would not have registered much with me personally if her daughter Carrie Fisher had not died the day before. Her fame is not the reason for the interest in this story. It's the drama of a mother being so overcome with the grief of her daughter's death that she dies too.

Back