Deal on Rocket Storage Box/Transporter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkII

Reaction score
Spotted today at my local Aldi's: very large, sturdy rocket storage box and transporter. Price: $23. :)

OK, OK, to the layman, this item might be called an Artificial Christmas Tree Storage Box, but here on TRF we know all what its real purpose is. ;)

SealTite brand. 48" long, 17" wide, and 13.5" deep. Snap-on, removable lid. It has wheels on one end. This can hold a lot of rockets.

And the price is right. That's why I bought one. It fits onto the back seat of my Kia with a few inches to spare on each side. I will finally be able to put all of the rockets that want to take to a launch into one box, which will greatly simplify packing on launch day. :w:

All if needs is a couple tiers of cradles for the rockets made from strips of doubled- or triple-up corrugated cardboard, along with some felt padding.

zoom-1257192954-15398.jpg

Nice find. On a related note, I was at Dick's Sporting Goods the other day and picked up what has become my new field box. It is a Plano "Large Shooters Case" (22x14.25x11.5). It is designed to hold a rifle on top but works well for rockets up to 4" as well. I am using it to hold everything other than motors and ignitors as they are in another case.

0178100a.jpg

Nice find. On a related note, I was at Dick's Sporting Goods the other day and picked up what has become my new field box. It is a Plano "Large Shooters Case" (22x14.25x11.5). It is designed to hold a rifle on top but works well for rockets up to 4" as well. I am using it to hold everything other than motors and ignitors as they are in another case.

0178100a.jpg
Great idea and great find! I am looking for ways to simplify my packing for launches; this looks like it would come in real handy.

While we're on the sporting goods topic, I've been picking up the Winchester brand rifle socks st Wal*Mart for $4.97 and using them to protect my rockets.

I picked up a larger sock designed to accomodate shot guns and scoped rifles for my big tubefin bird (3" tubing) and it stretches enough that the rocket fits completely inside (tubefins and all).

Then the protected rockets go in a large bin lined with movers blankets from harbor freight.

No damage so far.

Last edited:
I always have to chuckle at people who look at my rockets and wonder about accidently damaging something with them during a flight. I then send them to threads like this to show folks just how much effort it takes to keep them from getting damaged from simply transporting them.

And that 'Large Shooters Case' looks really cool...perfect bracket for a rocket that might need a quick field repair...

FC

I was looking at a Christmas tree box like that at a local store and was thinking the very same thing - rocket bin! But I don't have a practical place for a box that's four feet long, so I'm getting by with smaller boxes at the moment.

I always have to chuckle at people who look at my rockets and wonder about accidently damaging something with them during a flight. I then send them to threads like this to show folks just how much effort it takes to keep them from getting damaged from simply transporting them.

And that 'Large Shooters Case' looks really cool...perfect bracket for a rocket that might need a quick field repair...

FC
Exactly what I was thinking.

While we're on the sporting goods topic, I've been picking up the Winchester brand rifle socks st Wal*Mart for $4.97 and using them to protect my rockets.

I picked up a larger sock designed to accomodate shot guns and scoped rifles for my big tubefin bird (3" tubing) and it stretches enough that the rocket fits completely inside (tubefins and all).

Then the protected rockets go in a large bin lined with movers blankets from harbor freight.

No damage so far.
Cool! I will check them out.

Back