Davey and Goliath intro with rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKREAM TEAM

Reaction score
Does anyone remember this show and this intro? This probably was partially responsible for me liking model rockets. I remember both versions. Sorry, the second vid is poor quality.

[YOUTUBE][video=youtube;Zs_WvPmWL88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs_WvPmWL88[/video][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][video=youtube;cd3pxfMgSKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd3pxfMgSKw[/video][/YOUTUBE]

Yep - used to watch it all the time

The fins on the rocket seem a bit small. Probably why it is sky writing. Interesting that it managed to spell out names... :wink:

Yep - used to watch it all the time

The fins on the rocket seem a bit small. Probably why it is sky writing. Interesting that it managed to spell out names... :wink:

On the second clip the fins are bigger and does the same thing. Must not have put enough clay in the nosecone. :)

On the second clip the fins are bigger and does the same thing. Must not have put enough clay in the nosecone. :)

If they put more clay in the nosecone, they would have had to make Goliath smaller; they were working on a very limited budget. :eyepop:

I watched these every Sunday morning as a kid. Being raised a Lutheran, I was especially happy the LCA was represented on TV. I was done with D&G by the time I took up rockets so didn't remember the connection. Thanks for the memory.

If they put more clay in the nosecone, they would have had to make Goliath smaller; they were working on a very limited budget. :eyepop:

I watched these every Sunday morning as a kid. Being raised a Lutheran, I was especially happy the LCA was represented on TV. I was done with D&G by the time I took up rockets so didn't remember the connection. Thanks for the memory.

A smaller Goliath....hmmm....Davey and Gigi maybe? :)

Good memories for sure.

Art Clokey did these stop motion Claymation shorts, the same guy that did Gumby.

I sort of expected the Davey and Goliath slow launch the first time I flew model rockets in 1969.
We didn't have YouTube videos to know how fast BP rockets moved, maybe just one or two still launch pictures in the Estes catalogs.

Last edited:
Art Clokey did these slow motion Claymation shorts, the same guy that did Gumby.

I sort of expected the Davey and Goliath slow launch the first time I flew model rockets in 1969.
We didn't have YouTube videos to know how fast BP rockets moved, maybe just one or two still launch pictures in the Estes catalogs.

Hey Chris. I check your site often and I'm a big fan of your work. You're a good Ambassador for model rocketry. Thanks for all you do.

I liked the Gumby shows too. I'm a bit of a toy guy and I used to love seeing the Tonka Toys that were used in the Gumby episodes.

Back