Quantcast

Date & Time Stamps

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Der Red Max

Reaction score
Why was the format to the Date & Time Stamp changed?

I thought it was more useful knowing precisely when and item was posted/replied to.
Now it's relative, "4 Minutes Ago", "3 Hours ago", "2 Days Ago", "1 Week Ago", etc.

I know it might be minor but it kinda irks me 'cause I can imagine how this is more useful that the previous format.
Is this a move to be different? or is this suppose to be better? - just curious.

I'm also noticing that posts made here (Forum Feedback), for the most part, tend to go un-replied to by the Administrator and/or the Mods.
Not complaining, just trying to understand the purpose of this forum.
Is it a way for us to help you help us?

I really am glad to have TRF back, just would like the best of the old and the best of the new.

Gillard

Reaction score
i prefer the x minutes ago time stamps,
being in the UK the time thing gets confusing

Der Red Max

Reaction score
i prefer the x minutes ago time stamps,
being in the UK the time thing gets confusing
You know you can set your Time Zone in the User CP (see excerpt below):

All timestamps displayed on the forums can be automatically corrected to show the correct time for your location in the world. Simply select the appropriate time zone from the list below.

Come to think of it, the new relative time stamp thing makes that setting a moot point; since, an hour ago is an hour ago anywhere in the world.

Last edited:

andytherocketeer

Reaction score
The time thing was mentioned before.
Relative time is only of any use at the moment you do a search or look in a specific subforum etc. Any other time that it says "1 minute ago" it isn't 1 minute ago, but 1+N minutes ago, where N is unknown (unless you can exactly remember when you last hit refresh or clicked search new posts).
Much prefer a proper date/time.

Der Red Max

Reaction score
Any other time that it says "1 minute ago" it isn't 1 minute ago, but 1+N minutes ago, where N is unknown
Exactly!
Same goes for "1 Week Ago" & "1 Month Ago" and (eventually) "1 Year Ago"
There are seven days in a week, 30+ days in a month & 365 days in a year.
So...
When last week?
When last month?
When last year?

Otherwise, you might just as well say "Before Now"; it's just as useless.