TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
In other news, I hear a car engine lasts longer when the oil filter is installed. Who knew.
Not on a Prius or a Tesla. ;)
And yet, there are those who question the effectiveness of mask wearing.
Even though flu infections this season are at record lows.
Can you connect the dots?

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Not on a Prius or a Tesla. ;)
And yet, there are those who question the effectiveness of mask wearing.
Even though flu infections this season are at record lows.
Can you connect the dots?
Stop trying to confuse the issue with things like facts and logic. Sheesh, you crazy Hawaiians!

Art Upton

Reaction score
Flu is at a record low because most of the PCR tests show it to be CV-19 instead. My Ex had a head cold for 2 weeks (covid is not a head cold) and she tested positive for CV-19 while she had the cold. Just to prove the tests failures, ELON tested 5 times in one day both negative and positive.

meanwhile real CV-19 infections are running in the spot generally held by a really bad flue cycle. Yes CV-19 is real, it is bad, I've had it and I'm high risk. But there too much disinformation on 5 different sides about it.

Art Upton

Reaction score
As far as mask data modeling, the OP has this in his sig line " "Everybody's simulation model is guilty until proven innocent" (Thomas H. Lawrence 1994) "

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Flu is at a record low because most of the PCR tests show it to be CV-19 instead.
Are you saying that the Covid PCR tests are misidentifying flu infections as Covid infections instead? Can you cite the source of that information? That's the first I've heard of it.

Art Upton

Reaction score
The CDC said early 2021 that PCR amplification levels were running to high, at 45 and above, and the number of amplification levels should be reduced. I'll did up a quote on it today.

CalebJ

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the current amplification level is 35?

Regardless, that's a totally different topic than implying that flu results are triggering Covid positives.

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, common sense told me as much.
From what I've read, the number of amplification cycles relates to the sensitivity of the test and the issue of false positives. No mention at all of misidentifying the virus.
As for the accuracy of models, anybody remember the early Oxford model back around May of 2020 that predicted the number of deaths from Covid under various protocols in the US and UK?
To recap,
No action (no lockdowns, economy keeps humming along):
2.2 million US deaths.
Mitigation (Public health measures put into place, no quarantines/lockdowns):
1.1 million US deaths.
Suppression (Public health measures enforced by law, quarantine and lockdowns enforced):
80-85,000 US deaths.
(The model doesn't give US deaths for suppressions protocols, this was extrapolated from the UK numbers).
The US response was a mix between suppression and mitigation as some states cracked down harder than others and others re-opened earlier than recommended.
Also some segments of the population did not follow mask wearing and lockdown mandates.
And to date we are at approx. 580,000 deaths.
So the model was pretty much spot on, wouldn't you say?
Sad to think of how many hundreds of thousands of lives could have been saved if everyone had been on the same page.

Marc_G

Reaction score
Flu is at a record low because most of the PCR tests show it to be CV-19 instead. My Ex had a head cold for 2 weeks (covid is not a head cold) and she tested positive for CV-19 while she had the cold. Just to prove the tests failures, ELON tested 5 times in one day both negative and positive.

meanwhile real CV-19 infections are running in the spot generally held by a really bad flue cycle. Yes CV-19 is real, it is bad, I've had it and I'm high risk. But there too much disinformation on 5 different sides about it.
Lots of stuff to talk about here but:

Elon took the rapid antigen tests, that are less sensitive and will give plenty of false negatives. The flap about him was based on antigen tests last fall that are not gold standards.
And, Elon actually did have COVID-19, it turns out. His mixed results are expected based on the antigen testing methods, which made the news at the time.

If your wife tested positive for COVID-19 via a reputable PCR test (Labcorp, Quest, etc.), either:
-She had COVID-19 at the time of the test
-She recently had COVID-19 and still had enough residual virus bits to trigger the test
-She was in the process of developing a COVID-19 infection (unlikely since she already had symptoms at time of testing)
-Without reporting the cycle number, it's hard to say how pervasive her infection was at time of testing

COVID-19 often manifests as a head cold. I know several people that got tests "just in case" due to persistent colds and it turned out to be COVID-19. Without revealing details of my own employment, I can't tell you why I know that their tests were absolutely ironclad, but I will say that my confidence is as close to 100% as it gets.

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
+1.
Also I have read that it is possible to have a cold or flu at the same time as a Covid infection.

Latest posts