Data from TeleGPS on TeleBT?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdz

Reaction score
My TeleMetrum was unfortunately lost when my rocket landed in water. I replaced it with a TeleGPS. I'm using it with the same TeleBT as before. Does anyone know what info I should and should not get on TeleBT when linked with the TeleGPS? Is the flight number supposed to advance with each flight? Mine does not, apparently TeleGPS does not recognize new flights as TeleMeterum did. On the Pad tab I'm getting battery and GPS info, which makes sense. On the Flight tab I do not get elevation and speed info (there are numbers but they make no sense), which I suppose TeleGPS does not record, since it has no barometer. On the Recover and Map tabs I don't get Max Height, Max Speed, or Max Accel readings, which also makes sense from a device with no barometer. I do get bearing and distance readings, and audio, during recovery, which is most important.

Does that sound right?
Thanks,
Bill

On the pad, you should get same info as telemetrum except for main and apogee status. They are not present.
On flight tab, you should still get elevation and speed.
Sounds like you never established comm with the telegps.

On the pad, you should get same info as telemetrum except for main and apogee status. They are not present.
Yes, that's what I have.

Is the flight number advancing for you? It stays the same on mine. This is a Version 1 unit, maybe Version 2 has additional capabilities.

On flight tab, you should still get elevation and speed.
I'm not getting meaningful elevation or speed readings. Since the TeleGPS has no barometer, where does this info come from?

Sounds like you never established comm with the telegps.
I did get distance and bearing readings that led me straight to the rocket, so it seems there is communication.

I just bought another TeleGPS so I'll soon find out if it reports any differently.

After each flight, I would get into the habit of saving the data and erasing the memory. The TeleGPS has a total of 2MB fixed RAM, but it will not write over the previously logged data. The number of logs is user-configurable, with 4 logs being the default. I set mine up to log 2 to capture more data as there is no downside with too much log space if you get into the habit of clearing the previous ones.

https://altusmetrum.org/AltOS/doc/telegps.html

After each flight, I would get into the habit of saving the data and erasing the memory. The TeleGPS has a total of 2MB fixed RAM, but it will not write over the previously logged data. The number of logs is user-configurable, with 4 logs being the default. I set mine up to log 2 to capture more data as there is no downside with too much log space if you get into the habit of clearing the previous ones.

https://altusmetrum.org/AltOS/doc/telegps.html
Michael,
Are you getting altitude and speed data, like Tim?

Bill, You get elevation and speed from GPS.
I have a few teleGPS both version 1 & 2. They both display the same data sets. You might check the software version and try flashing the unit. Take about a minute. Current version is 1.9. But honestly I have not noticed any display differences no matter what version I have used.

Yes. Regardless of what is logged, in realtime, I get all of the same telemetries Tim is reporting. I would reach out to Bdale for advice [email protected]
Thanks for the replies. Michael and Tim, does your flight number advance after each flight? I have updated to 1.9, seems odd that the GPS would report location but not the other data. I emailed Bdale and Keith last week but, very uncharacteristically, so far no response.

I'll try my new TeleGPS this Saturday and see if it does anything different.

Thanks for the replies. Michael and Tim, does your flight number advance after each flight? I have updated to 1.9, seems odd that the GPS would report location but not the other data. I emailed Bdale and Keith last week but, very uncharacteristically, so far no response.

I'll try my new TeleGPS this Saturday and see if it does anything different.

I erase my TeleGPS units after each flight, so I have never paid attention to the number advancing. Cut currently, they all say flight 1.

Yes. Regardless of what is logged, in realtime, I get all of the same telemetries Tim is reporting.

I would reach out to Bdale for advice [email protected]
I tried the second TeleGPS that I bought in the Yard Sale and it also does not show altitude or speed. Both this one and my original one are Version 1. Is it possible that only Version 2 shows altitude and speed? I never got a reply from Bdale or Keith.

I tried the second TeleGPS that I bought in the Yard Sale and it also does not show altitude or speed. Both this one and my original one are Version 1. Is it possible that only Version 2 shows altitude and speed? I never got a reply from Bdale or Keith.

Possibly, I will check my units. I think I have four of them and they are all ver 2.0, but I don't know for sure.

Bill it shouldn’t matter. I have both version 1 & 2. Both display altitude & speed.
Also are you using android or iOS? iOS was developed after the release of version 2. I’m using android.

I'm using the Android app with TeleBT. I see Speed and Elevation on the display but the readings are meaningless.

Back