DarthDaddy762 Introduction

DarthDaddy762

Reaction score
Hello, I took up high power rocketry during the pandemic. I flew rockets when I was a kid. I am currently NAR Level 1. My goal is to obtain Level 2. I have five mid/high power LOC Precision rockets (3", 4" and 5 1/2") built and successfully flown/recovered. I also have several Estes Big Daddys and a couple Estes Doorknobs. I primarily fly out of the MDRA club in Maryland. This is a great club and I really enjoy my time out on the Eastern shore flying rockets.

Stewman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, I took up high power rocketry during the pandemic. I flew rockets when I was a kid. I am currently NAR Level 1. My goal is to obtain Level 2. I have five mid/high power LOC Precision rockets (3", 4" and 5 1/2") built and successfully flown/recovered. I also have several Estes Big Daddys and a couple Estes Doorknobs. I primarily fly out of the MDRA club in Maryland. This is a great club and I really enjoy my time out on the Eastern shore flying rockets.
Congrats on your L1 and welcome to the forum! You can get a lot of good info on here, great people.

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your L1, and best of luck on your L2! I too have an Estes Dorr Knob, and I also picked upgraded centering rings for the kit... I really need to get that one built.

DarthDaddy762

Reaction score
Congrats on your L1 and welcome to the forum! You can get a lot of good info on here, great people.
For sure and I have! The members are very helpful.
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your L1, and best of luck on your L2! I too have an Estes Dorr Knob, and I also picked upgraded centering rings for the kit... I really need to get that one built.
I built the Estes DoorKnob with an upgrade kit. I went with the fins and rings. Great build! The rocket is durable for sure. I would suggest adding additional clay to the nose cone. Great and durable flyer! Enjoy.