DARS Sport Launches Scheduled

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
Dallas Area Rocket Society is planning launches at its Rockwall site on December 11, December 18 and January 15. Large model rocket (< 3.3 lbs; < 4 oz. propellant) limits apply.

See https://dars.org for details.

I can't make the Dec 11 launch because we will be celebrating my wife's B-day. I'll have to think about those other dates tho----

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Dyna:

Any chance of a DARS launch during this window?

https://conference.himss.org/ASP/index.asp

I haven't forgotten.

Quite possibly. Looks like they're trying for more than monthly. Besides, by then we'll be well into TARC testing and qualification flights, and I hope to have a active field at least one day every weekend. The club VP and launch director is also the Texas TARC coordinator. If there's sky to punch, he'll find it.

The launch schedule for the upcoming year has not been posted yet, but DARS traditionally holds a North Texas High Power launch on President's Day weekend. So if you can stay over to the 19th and 20th, the answer is 100%.

Of course, that may be reduced by the chance of rain (or snow) since access to the field is seriously affected by precipitation.

Bill

Reminder: Launch is also scheduled for this weekend, 12/18.
Same bat time, same bat channel.

Al, you are in luck! I just noticed DARS starting to post next years' launch schedule. There is a Rockwall launch Feb 12 and NTHP Feb 19-20. Come early or stay late, there will be a launch.

www.dars.org

Bill

Originally posted by Bill
Al, you are in luck! I just noticed DARS starting to post next years' launch schedule. There is a Rockwall launch Feb 12 and NTHP Feb 19-20. Come early or stay late, there will be a launch.

www.dars.org

Bill

And we still haven't gotten to get with the folks in Frisco and see about a site there. First of the year we will.

Things are looking UP in Tejas.

Probably: Another flight session at Rockwall, 10 AM to 2 PM, January 1.

Originally posted by DynaSoar
Probably: Another flight session at Rockwall, 10 AM to 2 PM, January 1.

Now that is the real hair of the dog!

C'mon a tequila hangover and burnt AP!

Can it get much better?

:p

Now that is the real hair of the dog!

C'mon a tequila hangover and burnt AP!

Can it get much better?

:p

Sadly the New years Day launch was scratched due to wind. I went to Hutto and flew instead (180 miles is not bad for "the next flight over" in Texas). Sadly the wind there was also a little too high for my L1. And the deeply furrowed field made recovery hikes a real exercise.

The forcecast is looking good so far for our Jan. 15th launch.

Lost another one to rain. 2" a few days ago turned the field into the kind of fudge brownie batter mud that adds 10 pounds to each shoe in 4 steps.

Next flight scheduled at Rockwall, Feb 12.

DARS HPR launch at Windom, Feb 19/20.

Hopefully within a month or less, we'll have a second regular LMR (possibly some level1 HPR) field in Frisco TX.

Back