Darkstar Fin Shape(s)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So I see a couple of variations of fin shapes on the darkstar, even on wildman's site. Are there different flavors for different sizes, different generations, etc., or are people just modifying them to suit their tastes?

I prefer the configuration on the red rocket to the configuration on the black: https://wildmanrocketry.com/collections/2-6-fiberglass/products/darkstar-2-6-1-8-bev

Just wondering what's up, and which version is 'stock' if there is only one stock version.

Thanks,

Donnie

I do not believe you are correct. The fins as I understand it are just scaled up or down for a given size rocket.

Looks to me like it's just an angle thing for those two WM website photos. I think the camera was basically facing the fins in the red/grass shot, and more facing the nose on the black (blue?)/wall shot. So I think it's just a different perspective of the fins that makes them look different, but that's just my observation/conclusion.

Is a camera angle thing.

They all are the same shape scaled up from the original 54mm body tube “Junior” version.

-Jason

Yes ramped up from the orginal 54mm.
And a little known fact, put the two (forward and aft)together and presto you have a Punisher fin ;) and with a proper CnCing a Space Cowboy fin.o_O
Only use the forward fin and Magic again, a Jart fin.:cool:
The wonders of Magic.... :eek:

Yes ramped up from the orginal 54mm.
And a little known fact, put the two (forward and aft)together and presto you have a Punisher fin ;) and with a proper CnCing a Space Cowboy fin.o_O
Only use the forward fin and Magic again, a Jart fin.:cool:
The wonders of Magic.... :eek:

Or good / proper manufacturing / kitting techniques..

Back