Dan's Semroc Constellation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Today, we're going to start the Constellation. I cut the bag open, handed it to Dan and asked, "Okay, what do we do first?"

He pulled the sheet out, looked at it and said, "I think you're supposed to download the instructions!"

So, dad is now downloading the instructions, per directions from the six year old....

-Kevin

Now that dad has downloaded the instructions, Dan can begin his Constellation.

First picture is Dan reading the instructions, to figure out what we need to do. He was thrown by the reference to an "engine retainer," since he calls it the "engine catch hook," based on what it's called in the Scout instructions. I pointed out the exploded drawing and had him figure out which part that was.

There was also a need for a bit of a lesson on what "1 8" (1/8") and "1 4" (1/4") in the instructions means. We pulled out the ruler and I showed him where 1/2" and 1/4" are; we didn't worry about 1/8" since I'm not ready to hand a knife to a 6 year old...

The rest of the pictures show Dan assembling the motor mount. You'll notice blue tape -- that's painters tape holding the engine hook hold down strap in place while the glue dries. That let Dan get the centering rings on while that part wasn't yet dry.

-Kevin

con1.jpg

con2.jpg

con3.jpg

con4.jpg

con5.jpg

Back