Daily Weather Report

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good that we have no launch scheduled here in Tucson. Peak winds today were 53 MPH!

Gary and I are heading out to the park. We tried last Saturday but there was a full football game in progress including refs, signs, and chalk lines. Mauka means toward the mountains, makai means toward the beach. When you live on an island, you're either facing the mountains, facing the beach, or looking parallel to them.

1713284923345.png

Welcome to April in Colorado!

IMG_5403_Small.jpg
We could see the grass this morning, now we have at least 3" of snow, tapering off and stopping tomorrow.
The temperature is 34F, and we are at 6440 feet in elevation, south of Denver.

Our weather is nuts to the extreme. 10 to 15 mph wind almost every day all year. Last week we had a couple of days with 25 to 40mp20240426_145900[4720].jpgh wind with stronger gusts. One day it would be 60 and 3 days later it would be 90. When I got up yesterday it was 48 degrees and pouring rain with a 31mph wind. The wind would go down to 25 and then up to 35, again with much stronger gusts. When the storm blew through there was a coat of new snow on the mountains down to about 7000'. The picture I posted on the post a picture thread is what it looks like. The 10 day forecast is for temps in the mid 80's with the same !@*&#^ wind 10 to 15mph wind. The wind is the talk of the town. Here is the way the mountains looked today.

Latest posts

Back