D.V.T. hurts!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't speak from experience, but I've heard that you can't straighten out your leg (and besides being extremely dangerous, it's also very painful).

Be Safe! Listen to your doctors!

Hey Mike! It's nice to meet another Howie (it's my last name too.) So few and far between. Sorry about the DVT.

Stay away from Pradaxa. If you get into bleeding trouble, it takes a long time to reverse. It's a crappy drug. After your warfarin therapy, see if you can use Eliquis or Xarelto. These can be reversed in under 24 hours.
I'm a clinical pharmacist...
Good luck and get better!

Allen

My cousin had it and it almost killed him. He noticed pain in his calf then swelling after a hunting trip and thought he had been bitten by a spider or tick. By the time he saw his doctor his calf had swollen to the size of a football and he life flighted to Seattle. Scary. Good luck, Mike.

Take care. If you need any questions answered let me help. I went through DVT and ended up with a PE. I take Warfan cost is about $10 a month not $200-$300 a month. It's not as easy as the new meds. But with just a shot of Viatim K a bad bleed will stop. Been on it for 10 years.

Yep, I have PE also. The dead spot is what they are checking. Warfan is what Im taking.

"D.V.T. Hurts..." and a good thing it does. I'm sorry for your pain, but remember that pain is a very effective warning sign. If I understand it rightly, sometimes the only warning sign. So, and not without sympathy, lets have three cheers for pain.

Back