Cwbullet’s First Build of 2021: Partial printed 29mm Minimum Diameter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Ok, I printed the parts and now it is time to build. I am printing a rocket out of Orange Tubing I found and 3D printed parts. It will be a dual deployment out of a 33mm tube and 29mm mount. My goal is no paint and 5-minute epoxy of CA glue all the way. I am using PLA for the text model but will use Nylon-X or PETG with CF for the final model.

Here we go! Time to forget about COVID!.

Sounds similar to what I am doing right now.... except 3" tube with 38mm mount. Was considering PETG/CF, had not thought of Nylon-X.

Are you planning printed fins too? If so, how are you planning to print them? My thought is that I'll have them angled so that the print grain follows the leading edge

your title says 29mm minimum .post says 38 airframe with 29 mount. I have extra 38mm LOC .same as the NSL rockets I made..if u have one check the fit....I'll give u one...if 29mm I have a beautiful 7-1 Von Karmon we can talk about! I know the 38 fits wildman tube.

your title says 29mm minimum .post says 38 airframe with 29 mount. I have extra 38mm LOC .same as the NSL rockets I made..if u have one check the fit....I'll give u one...if 29mm I have a beautiful 7-1 Von Karmon we can talk about! I know the 38 fits wildman tube.

Maybe for the next build. I am trying to build one every 2 weeks starting this weekend.

My computer does not work well with the customizer on Thingiverse. I am going to design a 5 to 6 to 1 VK with a bay for a tracker. It will probably take me a couple more days.

I plan to fly it on G Motors.

The nose cone came out nice:

IMG_0856.jpeg

The base is threaded to allow for a tracker to be added.

Back