Cwbullet’s First Build of 2021: Partial printed 29mm Minimum Diameter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attached to the motor tube with JB Weld:
IMG_0853.jpeg

I will finish gluing the fin can on and motor tube with a 5-minute epoxy. The shock cord will be also glued to the side of the motor mount.

I hope we have a launch this month so I can fly it. Come on people of SC. Please avoid COVID!

We try, but we have been unable to fly due to local restrictions and concerns about group gatherings.
I can't be out in weather below 60 degrees or I get bronchial spasms, so I'm going to try and get my Level 2 down in SC when it warms up. Hopefully I'll get to meet you there.

I try and do my COVID dance to keep it off the field and out fo the state for the next 10-14 days.

I do have one piece I had to order. I am out of 4-40 rods. I was going to use M3 Rods, but they are so expensive in the US.

Today comes the fun part of assembling and wire in the AV Bay.

It a little delayed and the AV Bay is wired.

IMG_0968.jpeg
I am using the Fingertech switch. I chose to go old school with a 9V.

IMG_0966.jpeg
A missile works RRC2+ is my altimeter of choice.

IMG_0969.jpeg

The AV bay is 5.5 inches long and has 4-40 rods.

I am going to use an 18-inch main chute

The rocket is nearly assembled.

Looks good. How are you getting your charge wires back past the battery/endcap interface. Looks pretty tight. Its one of the reasons I went with a lipo and bear altimeter to give me a little wiggle room inside a 29mm coupler.
tempImagezM4suC.jpg

Here is mine with an RRC3, screw switch, and lipo shoved into a 29mm coupler. This is the CAD model but it did work and has flown. Uses 2-56 threaded rod with locknuts on the end (not in CAD as mcmaster doesn't have them long enough in the models).

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    575.7 KB · Views: 8
Back