Custom Rocketry Range Box

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitfire222

I only lawn-darted once
Reaction score
Because I can never not be building something, I decided to pare down some of my scrap 0.5" plywood and use it to make a range box to transport launch supplies. Its dimensions are approximately 6" tall x 10" wide x 24" long. I wanted compartments for the launcher and pad primarily, and then just added dividers to the remaining section, which turned out to be the perfect width for Estes motor 3-packs. Some extra parachutes and other stuff will be stored in the third thin compartment. I gave it a simple paint job with a quick little retro graphic, a clear coat, and some hardware. I'll add some rubber "bumper" style feet to the bottom, a way to secure the pad compartment so the items don't fall out during transport, and maybe some pouches into the inner part of the lid. I guess the next item to build is a rocket transport system to go with this!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-05-14 at 12.26.49 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-14 at 12.26.49 (1).jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 131
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-05-14 at 12.26.49.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-14 at 12.26.49.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Because I can never not be building something, I decided to pare down some of my scrap 0.5" plywood and use it to make a range box to transport launch supplies. Its dimensions are approximately 6" tall x 10" wide x 24" long. I wanted compartments for the launcher and pad primarily, and then just added dividers to the remaining section, which turned out to be the perfect width for Estes motor 3-packs. Some extra parachutes and other stuff will be stored in the third thin compartment. I gave it a simple paint job with a quick little retro graphic, a clear coat, and some hardware. I'll add some rubber "bumper" style feet to the bottom, a way to secure the pad compartment so the items don't fall out during transport, and maybe some pouches into the inner part of the lid. I guess the next item to build is a rocket transport system to go with this!
Nice work!

Several years ago I had one of these boxes. Wish I never got rid of it and I never bought another one thinking I could pick one up if I needed it again. Guess what? Yep like all good things they no longer make them. I haven't seen one for over 10 years that was for sale.
I found you one. Based on the price, I guess they cornered the market.

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 1.00.45 AM.png

Back