Custom - Redliner (#10011) Gallery

Discussion in 'Custom Rockets' started by Tarasdad, Aug 11, 2012.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Aug 11, 2012 #1

Tarasdad

Tarasdad

Tarasdad

Here's the latest addition to my rocket fleet, a Custom Rockets Redliner.

[​IMG]

I replaced the kit elastic with a longer section, other that it's stock. The finish is red and white Walmart rattle can. The white crazed badly when I hit it with Rustoleum Painters Touch 2x clear. I left it as I didn't want to lose the decals, even though they don't match the red paint. I used Hangar 9 Ultrastripe trim tape from my RC supplies to provide a demarcation line between the reds.

This was a very easy build that went together in just a few hours. As usual most of he time was waiting for glue to dry. The parts fit well with the exception of a loose nose cone that took two wraps of tape to secure. It also had fairly wide and deep seams that I filled with CA and sanded to shape.

If I build another one the only changes I would make are to use Kevlar cord tied to the MMT tied to 1/8" round elastic an inch or so inside the upper BT. I would also add another launch lug higher up the body to provide a bit more stability on the rod.. This kit would also be a prime candidate for a zipperless build separating where the two body tubes join.

Copied to gallery with permission

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
  2. Feb 7, 2009 #2

JAL3

JAL3

JAL3

Welcome to the Custom Redliner (#10011) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Custom Redliner (#10011) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Custom: Redliner: #10011

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  3. Feb 7, 2009 #3

JAL3

JAL3

JAL3

Custom Redliner (#10011) Basic Information.

[​IMG] Custom Rockets

MODEL NAME: Redliner Also known as:

NUMBER: #10011

Introduced:
    Final Year:
    Designer:

Type: Sport
    Motor Mount: 1x18mm
    Recovery: Parachute
    Stages: 1
    Length: 20.75" (52.6 cm)
    Diameter: 0.976" (24.8 mm)
    Span:
    Weight: 1.3 oz (38 g)

Mfg. Description: Modern graphics and styling make Redliner unique. Designed to go together easily and fly over 900 ft. (Custom 1994 Catalog)

==========

Sleek, long design! Easy to build and fly; makes a great beginner kit. Features a blow molded plastic nose cone, die-cut balsa fins, and 12" parachute recovery. Includes precision printed water-slide decals and quick-release engine mount for fast engine change. Flights of over 1000 feet are possible with a C6-7 motor. (Custom 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

[​IMG] 1994 Catalog
    [​IMG] 2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

[​IMG]

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
    EMRR
    RocketReviews
    Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  4. Sep 5, 2012 #4

chadrog

chadrog

chadrog

Yours was looking lonely, so I made it a companion. Somehow everything but the nose cone ended up backwards on mine...
    PIC_2768.jpg

5. Oct 7, 2012 #5

UrbanKnight

UrbanKnight

UrbanKnight

Can either of you two recall which shade of red you used? Two of my students are about to finish up a Redliner, and I currently have Rustoleum "Regal Red" and "Sunrise Red" in my box of paints. The Regal one is darker, with the Sunrise one being a pretty close match to the Estes Alpha stickers. I assume the decals don't have any white, so they can choose any bottom color they want?

6. Oct 7, 2012 #6

chadrog

chadrog

chadrog

I used Krylon Banner Red, and yes- the decals are red on clear.

7. Oct 9, 2012 #7

UrbanKnight

UrbanKnight

UrbanKnight

Thanks. The students will ultimately choose the colors, but I'm going to suggest they choose red for the top and a color red would look good against for the bottom. I'll post their rockets up here when they finish.

8. Oct 20, 2012 #8

UrbanKnight

UrbanKnight

UrbanKnight

OK, so maybe they didn't quite understand how the decals were supposed to be applied. :rolleyes: Also, teaching them how to use water slide decals was a trick. The builders of the middle one gave up and had a father, who owns a printing company, make custom stickers for it (applied after this photo was taken).

Redliner.jpg

9. Nov 13, 2012 #9

chadrog

chadrog

chadrog

Have they flown yet? My son flew ours for the first time a couple weeks ago, it's a nice flyer.

10. Feb 12, 2013 #10

UrbanKnight

UrbanKnight

UrbanKnight

Sorry for such a late response. They did indeed fly well. Very stable but not surprisingly not as high as the shorter models. The students built 3 each of the Game Over, Freedom, Raven, and Redliner to try and determine which design parameters help achieve the highest altitude.