Custom - Redliner (#10011) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Tarasdad

Reaction score
Here's the latest addition to my rocket fleet, a Custom Rockets Redliner.

I replaced the kit elastic with a longer section, other that it's stock. The finish is red and white Walmart rattle can. The white crazed badly when I hit it with Rustoleum Painters Touch 2x clear. I left it as I didn't want to lose the decals, even though they don't match the red paint. I used Hangar 9 Ultrastripe trim tape from my RC supplies to provide a demarcation line between the reds.

This was a very easy build that went together in just a few hours. As usual most of he time was waiting for glue to dry. The parts fit well with the exception of a loose nose cone that took two wraps of tape to secure. It also had fairly wide and deep seams that I filled with CA and sanded to shape.

If I build another one the only changes I would make are to use Kevlar cord tied to the MMT tied to 1/8" round elastic an inch or so inside the upper BT. I would also add another launch lug higher up the body to provide a bit more stability on the rod.. This kit would also be a prime candidate for a zipperless build separating where the two body tubes join.

Copied to gallery with permission

Last edited by a moderator:

JAL3

Reaction score
Welcome to the Custom Redliner (#10011) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Custom Redliner (#10011) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Custom: Redliner: #10011

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:

JAL3

Reaction score
Custom Redliner (#10011) Basic Information.

Custom Rockets

MODEL NAME: Redliner Also known as:

NUMBER: #10011

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 20.75" (52.6 cm)
Diameter: 0.976" (24.8 mm)
Span:
Weight: 1.3 oz (38 g)

Mfg. Description: Modern graphics and styling make Redliner unique. Designed to go together easily and fly over 900 ft. (Custom 1994 Catalog)

==========

Sleek, long design! Easy to build and fly; makes a great beginner kit. Features a blow molded plastic nose cone, die-cut balsa fins, and 12" parachute recovery. Includes precision printed water-slide decals and quick-release engine mount for fast engine change. Flights of over 1000 feet are possible with a C6-7 motor. (Custom 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

1994 Catalog
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:

chadrog

Reaction score
Yours was looking lonely, so I made it a companion. Somehow everything but the nose cone ended up backwards on mine...
PIC_2768.jpg

UrbanKnight

Reaction score
Can either of you two recall which shade of red you used? Two of my students are about to finish up a Redliner, and I currently have Rustoleum "Regal Red" and "Sunrise Red" in my box of paints. The Regal one is darker, with the Sunrise one being a pretty close match to the Estes Alpha stickers. I assume the decals don't have any white, so they can choose any bottom color they want?

chadrog

Reaction score
I used Krylon Banner Red, and yes- the decals are red on clear.

UrbanKnight

Reaction score
Thanks. The students will ultimately choose the colors, but I'm going to suggest they choose red for the top and a color red would look good against for the bottom. I'll post their rockets up here when they finish.

UrbanKnight

Reaction score
OK, so maybe they didn't quite understand how the decals were supposed to be applied. :rolleyes: Also, teaching them how to use water slide decals was a trick. The builders of the middle one gave up and had a father, who owns a printing company, make custom stickers for it (applied after this photo was taken).

Redliner.jpg

chadrog

Reaction score
OK, so maybe they didn't quite understand how the decals were supposed to be applied. :rolleyes: Also, teaching them how to use water slide decals was a trick. The builders of the middle one gave up and had a father, who owns a printing company, make custom stickers for it (applied after this photo was taken).
Have they flown yet? My son flew ours for the first time a couple weeks ago, it's a nice flyer.

UrbanKnight

Reaction score
Have they flown yet? My son flew ours for the first time a couple weeks ago, it's a nice flyer.
Sorry for such a late response. They did indeed fly well. Very stable but not surprisingly not as high as the shorter models. The students built 3 each of the Game Over, Freedom, Raven, and Redliner to try and determine which design parameters help achieve the highest altitude.