custom cut vinyl, interested?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsonly

Reaction score
Hey all. Again, all profits go towards my TARC team for next year's competition.

Would anyone of you all be interested in custom cut vinyl decals? The decals are of high gloss, and professional grade. They can be cut up to about 18 inches, and as long as you would like. About 20 different color choices. Perfect for any rocket. The decals can be cut to almost any font you would like, or one of a whole bookful of predesigned pictures (book is about 500 pages, 14x14in).

Just wondering if anyone would be interested, I'll post some pictures in a few days to show you the detail of what they can be cut to.

Haha, okay. I'll mention it at the our next team meeting (Saturday). One of the members has a very large vinyl cutter, and must I say, has the abilities to cut some amazing stuff... I'll see if he can email me some pictures that I can post in the next few days.

I'll look into the pricing...I'm interested...this could be purty cool!

Jason

yes I might also have some interest depending on the specs as to what can eb cut.....for exampel how thin a vinyl film for example? complexity of colors? etc

Originally posted by rocketsonly
Hey all. Again, all profits go towards my TARC team for next year's competition.
Just wondering if anyone would be interested, I'll post some pictures in a few days to show you the detail of what they can be cut to.

I have terrible luck with water decals, and good luck with vinyl. If I could get precut vinyl I'd buy several. Especially with the proceeds going to a worthy cause.

Okay, seems like there is an interest. We are currently working on a site that will carry all of our custom products (vinyl, rings). If the vinyl is urgent, just email us at [email protected] and we'll make a quote for you. Just to give you all an idea, we can cut any true type font, and almost any type of picture you can think of. I would say the site should be up and running in about 2 weeks time.

Hey all. Sorry for not keeping my promise. One of the guys on our team forgot to bring the digital camera to take pictures of the vinyl. We won't be having another meeting till next Tuesday, but that meeting is supposed to be devoted to designing our webpage. The webpage shouldn't be TOO fancy, I personally just want a page to allow orders in a professional order.

Again, just email me for quotes on any custom cut vinyl. Let me know the font, height of each letter, and color. In most cases we can do more than one color. If you are interested in pictures or designs as well, just let me know. The new webpage will include a line of precut designs to ease your choices.

Thanks.

Okay, we've got some orders already, and the guy in charge of vinyl has priced them mostly around $5/set for fonts up to 3". For exact pricing, just email me.
Thanks.

Originally posted by KermieD
My attention is piqued as well. Pricing please?

To make an example that is easily viewable and understandable by anyone, what wouild the decals cost for an Estes Goblin decal set for a 6 inch rocket?

Jerry

He has already quoted me on 5 decals ranging from 1" letters to 4" letters. 5 different decals (single color text) were $5.00 each. My local sign shop was somewhat more. I did ask him if he could make an NAR decal, however he needed artwork.

A

Hi, do you have a picture of the NAR decal you would like? I'd like to see what it looks like.

Best I can do is point you at www.nar.org and tell you to look at the triangular red & white logo at the top left. Please understand that I am not the copyright holder, and was only interested for my own purpose as I wanted to add an NAR logo on my L2 rocket.

OTOH, might make a nice decoration on your TARC project...

can you do solid color sheets? what colors can you do? or multi-color sheets with patterns on them?

The vinyl actually comes in solid colors, and we have a special printer than cuts it out. We could do patterns by first cutting vinyl of a different color, then sticking it to another color. Let me know what you were thinking of.
Thanks.

Back