Custom - Bullet gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishhead

Huge Member
Reaction score
Another one cloned using Custom parts. This was from back in the day before Custom started producing McRockets. The early line was full of cool ideas. (The Bullet is on the right.)
image-custom-bullet-on-padjpg-900-600-062819090226621.jpg

Built the original 15ish yrs ago and decided that I wanted an upscale. Decided to put togehter this upscale using BT70 tubes. It's right at 54 inches long.

Attachments

• Bullet1.jpg
    Bullet1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 23
  • bullet2.jpg
    bullet2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 23
In the year I’ve been flying there I’ve had 2 real water landings and 1 that landed with just the top of the body tube in the water.

I was able to recover them all. one of the water landings required a new motor mount as is pulled out when I tried to remove the motor casing.

all lived to fly again.

so, how many rockets end up in the water?

You had to ask!! On the last outing to Bong about 3 weeks ago I managed to put the smaller (Original) Bullet in the water right next to the launch pad. Only landed about 15 ft away. Would have been great of it wasn't for the water.

Well that gave me the opportunity I've been looking for to rebuild the rocket. After a couple of days I was able to get the motor out of it but the this thing needed some work. I built it when it was first released and I was a kid so there was a lot to be desired and I've learned a lot since then.

The rocket was cut in half and a baffle was added. Kevlar was attached to the baffle and a new motor block was installed while I was in there. The old one wouldn't come out but did move around after the water landing so I simply glued another one in one top of it.

The entire rocket was sanded and repainted using Krylon paints. Cut and installed vinyl last night.

After rebuild

rebuild 1.jpg

Here it is on the pad right before the water landing. It's so old that the tan in the pics was once bright white.
07012022 - 38.jpg

Back