Current project (yet another naked bird)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graylensman

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my current project: a 13mm downscale of the Estes World Federation Star Probe. I've gone with a different nose (read: one I had handy). I'd like to change the name, as I've been seeing my doc for some *ahem* examinations, and the word "probe" has unpleasant connotations right now... :p

Originally posted by graylensman
I've been seeing my doc for some *ahem* examinations, and the word "probe" has unpleasant connotations right now... :p

Nice design, but waaaaayyyyy too much info. ;):D

I do like that rocket. What kinda paint scheme are you thinking about?

cool idea ,,
don't forget to " prep" it properly before using..lol!

How about...PROCTOLGY PROBE

No...that would be a pain in the...

sandman

graylensman

you can't "slide" anything past this group...you left yourself "wide open" for name ideas on this one....

he he

How about "Bottoms Up" or "Bend Over" or "Get the Point".
I'm done, you can tell how imaginative I am.:)

Originally posted by stymye
you can't "slide" anything past this group...you left yourself "wide open" for name ideas on this one....

yeah, i figured as much - but I guess i'd be disappointed otherwise.

Jase - for a paint scheme, i haven't quite decided yet. I'm sort of leaning toward a Galactic Patrol-type look. It's too futuristic for a NASA-esque look, and I'm personally not too keen on "race car" paint jobs (metallics, flames, etc.)

I'd say I'm open to suggestions, but look what that got me in the first place. :D

I had a few of those 'examinations' this time last year. I don't have a problem with the word 'probe'. Its the sound of latex/nitrile gloves being 'snapped' on, prior to epoxying or painting, that sends a shiver down my spine! :eek:

Now ........ and odd roc made out of an old flexible sigmoidoscopy 'tube' (rendered non-flexible, of course) ...... thats a cool idea. Won't catch me building one though - I've NO intention of ever being in the same room as one of those again!!

SNAP!

that sound has always scared me...and I have never had any kind of examination

Latest posts

Back