Current Project... A bit rustic...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidsheeep

Reaction score
had nothing better to do so i figured id go ahead and start on something...

i had a bunch of tubes lying around... one that was alittle more than 24mm inside wide, and rather thick around the sides, so i had to sand it down... then i just decided to cluster 2 of em... before i knew it i had a mess of saw (cardboard) dust, and 3 tubes ready for action...

dust.jpg
tubesmount.jpg

next was the centering rings...

marked:
marked_up.jpg

center holes drilled:
drillcenter.jpg

and just a test fitting... not perfect, but they do their jobs...
mounttest.jpg

there was some sort of metal cover on the tube (found it in the trash) so i had to grind it off, and of course that makes for awesome pics! :D

sparkles.jpg
sparkles2.jpg

heres the mount all done and ready...
3_mount.jpg

and the finished product (so far)
mountdone.jpg

Holy cow that thing is ugly!! What is that strange Arabic writing on the brush handle?

shrox

Rabidsheeep,

The rocket looks OK, but I'm more impressed by that humongous cup of coffee right next to the grinder.

Man, drinking that much coffee would make me too jittery to use a grinder!

And please, remember, safety first. Always grind away from your coffee cup, or at least make sure it's wearing goggles. :D

Gus

ugly is a harsh word. my theory: when its up in the air and i cant see it, its the most beautiful its gonna get :D

and thats not a brush handle, thats the tube i sanded for the mounts... (cousin doodles)

Back