Cub Scout Rocket Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Gypsy

Reaction score
The Buffalo Trace Council in Evansville, IN held their annual field day event, "Sky's the Limit", this past Saturday. I had the honor of prepping 860 rockets for flight in one day with the help of two other people. Three other adults manned the launch pads. We started launching at 7:30am, had an hour break from noon to 1:00 and then continued launching until 5pm. Despite the 90+ degree temps and all of the screaming kids and parents, everything went quite well.

This year, everyone was issued an Estes Starseeker. These are identical to the Firestreak kits we launched last year, except molded in red instead of purple and had decals that were geared more toward the Cub Scouts.

860 rockets is an impressive feat. Glad to hear it went well, and hopefully you inspired a few new rocketeers.

Glad to see NAR members working with the scouts. The safety code means everything at those kinds of events, with kids and clueless parents all over the place. Good job.

Wow, and I thought it was hectic when I did maybe 50 for my son's Scout events... you should be in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Agreed! 860 is incredible. Great job. We managed 96 with 4 rod jawstand pad in an afternoon, but 860!!! Wow.

We had 3 pads. Each had 10 rods. It was incredible to see 30 rockets go up at one time. At one point, we were sending 30 up every 15 minutes.

Back