CTRA June 19&20 Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPatell

Reaction score
Anyone plan on attending? My dad and I should be there both days if the weather holds, and it looks like it will be now!

We should have a 4" Standard Arm on a J420R or J275W, a few E-H flights, and if I feel like burning the motor then my Magnum will go on a K695R.

Oh, go for it. The K695R will really take that for a ride. Just a quick question, does that reload have a standard or medusa nozzle?

Just curious;)

It has a standard nozzle, actually. It extends out of the aft closure a good half inch, looks really cool.

I am considering saving it for LDRS, but we'll see.

I might like to see that, after you load it up, take a pic.

I thought all 54mm had medusa nozzles with the exception of the K1275R.

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
I thought all 54mm had medusa nozzles with the exception of the K1275R.

The K695R uses the same single throat high power nozzle that the K1275R uses, it is just not drilled.

Awesome motor huh!!?? :cool:

Shred the rocket now so you can build another one tougher for LDRS ;)

seriosuly, though get some pics, I want to see that flight it should be awesome

Think I may buy a J800 for it, instead...save the K695R for LDRS, along with the K1275. Either way it should fly. My dad will be putting a K240 RATT in his new 4" ASP.

I want to see launch pictures Dan! Go for the J800 - save that bad @$$ Redline for LDRS!

Jason

J800T's are still pretty badass themselves...go for that!

Good luck with it!

i want pics when you get back, I know you couldnt find the J800 but the J570 should still be cool

Saturday was kind of a blow out, high winds meant low flights were the theme of the day. We only had two J motors, a J370GG and a J350W.

My dad and I flew my Monocopter24 on an E11, Pyramid on an F20, and 4" Blackhawk R&D Standard Arm to 983' on an I357T with dual deploy. Overall not a bad day.

Today should be much better! Leaving for the field now:D

Hey Dan
Any advice on building a tetrahedron/pyramid? How do you calculate the CP for these? I am thinking about building one and want to make sure of stability.

Thanks

I just kinda threw mine together with cardboard, lol.

I don't know much about them, other people on the forum may.

Back