CTI updates?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exactimator

Reaction score
It’s been a while since I’ve seen anything about Jeroen. Are there any updates about how he’s doing?

I recall seeing a post (but I don’t remember where) of CTI’s anticipated production schedule. Summer of 2017 they expected to be ramping up production again. Last thread I could find in May, nobody had heard or seen anything definitive. Mostly grapevine info. https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?140549-Cesaroni-Tech-CTI-StatusVendor. Stock on 38mm and 54mm seems to still be pretty light.

Has anyone heard or seen anything clear and definitive from CTI regarding production? Have they had delays and their schedule is slipping? Its understandable if they have. Just wondering so I know when to expect availability of reloads.

The lack of info on their schedule to be back to supplying their dealers has me seriously rethinking future projects using CTI hardware that I would have to purchase. Specifically a 98mm 6xl case with gen 2 closures as my gen 1 closures won't work any longer. I see some vendors have almost no CTI motor reloads available at this point. I can't see an almost exclusivly CTI vendor like AMW ProX sitting idlely waiting for an extended period of time without product to sell before they move onto another manufacturer to represent. Business doesn't work that way.

I have invested a considerable amount of money on their hardware from 24mm to 98mm over the years as it is now. The lack of info on future motor availability has me certainly concerned as to the value of those assets!

Greg

I think I heard (or maybe it was a dream?) that CTI was investing heavily in automation of production. This would help to remove human assets from the more hazardous segments of production. This automation has required a lot of process changes and re-design work. It has delayed the resumption of full production and availability from summer 2017. If automation is achieved, I think the availability will be very good. I too have very many CTI cases ranging from 24mm to 98MM and hope they don't become expensive "silver tubes"...

However, I cannot remember where I heard that from. Hence the "maybe it was a dream" reference above. :facepalm:

Regardless, I hope Jeroen is doing better.

I'll be speaking to Robert and Gloria about this tomorrow. I have already started to amass Loki and EX hardware.

This definitely steered me away from CTI hardware for 75. I have a full line of 98 AT casings, 75mm is all loki, 54mm is EX (2g,3g,4g) and a AMW 54/2550, and in 38 have a full line of Loki and EX casings.

I do so wish Loki would bring back their 98mm line and hardware... Or at least the hardware.

John,

You are welcome to borrow any case I have.

I wish those options were available to us Canadians but alas there not. No Loki dealer/unavailable up here. Ex/roll your own is not allowed either.

Greg

I fly Loki, as well as CTI and AT, and I live in Toronto. Albeit I hit at least a few US launches per year and store my Loki reloads in the US.

I really like the 38 mm and 54 mm CTI reloads. I bought some last month from Wildman for Hellfire-22, but I got the impression that their inventory was low. We nee to keep Joreon in our prayers.

FWIW I got some CTI 54mm loads a couple weeks ago for a project in Canada. Thanks to Wildman Tim and whoever at CTI they really helped us out in a pinch. Not that I'm going to pretend I have a clue how anyone or anything at CTI is doing. But the fact I asked for some help and those 2 stepped up speaks volumes in my mind. Thanks to Tim, CTI and our CAR friends it was a success!

I have no updates concerning Jeron, but I did just purchase a CTI 54-6gr from Wildman who just received a shipment. Not sure if this is CTI old stock or not but I'm hopeful that means that 54 has started to ship.

Maybe Bob J or other motor vendors will answer

CTI never stopped shipping. But their production levels have been down, especially with larger motors (75mm, 98mm).

My understanding, and I could be way wrong, is that CTI also makes motors and propellant for the Canadian government and industry, and one of those facilities is what burned down. So they had to move some of their govt/industry production into the same facility that they make HPR motors in, thus limiting the number of HPR motors they can crank out.

Someone please correct me if I am screwed up!

CTI never stopped shipping. But their production levels have been down, especially with larger motors (75mm, 98mm).

My understanding, and I could be way wrong, is that CTI also makes motors and propellant for the Canadian government and industry, and one of those facilities is what burned down. So they had to move some of their govt/industry production into the same facility that they make HPR motors in, thus limiting the number of HPR motors they can crank out.

Someone please correct me if I am screwed up!

Can't confirm nor deny your info. I just wish there was an "official update" . I think most of us are really patient if we just had updated info from CTI.

Greg

Can't confirm nor deny your info. I just wish there was an "official update" . I think most of us are really patient if we just had updated info from CTI.

Greg

Agreed. If my doctor won't tell me what's wrong with me, then I'm going to a different doctor.

Agreed. If my doctor won't tell me what's wrong with me, then I'm going to a different doctor.

Asking here is like sticking a post-it note on the wall at your pharmacy, expecting your doctor to read it and tell you what's wrong with you. ;)

Jeroen was the only active participant from CTI in this forum, and he is obviously not going to be doing that for a long time. The rest of the CTI staff is busy trying to keep up with the orders from consumers and professional customers.

The May 24 2016 press release still covers through the end of this year: https://www.pro38.com/pdfs/General_CTI_Statement_2.pdf
The status for this period of time seems to be ongoing and improving.

Throughout the past year, I've been able to purchase everything from 24mm to 98mm through CTI dealers. The bigger stuff still takes a little longer to get.

Asking here is like sticking a post-it note on the wall at your pharmacy, expecting your doctor to read it and tell you what's wrong with you. ;)

Jeroen was the only active participant from CTI in this forum, and he is obviously not going to be doing that for a long time. The rest of the CTI staff is busy trying to keep up with the orders from consumers and professional customers.

The May 24 2016 press release still covers through the end of this year: https://www.pro38.com/pdfs/General_CTI_Statement_2.pdf
The status for this period of time seems to be ongoing and improving.

Throughout the past year, I've been able to purchase everything from 24mm to 98mm through CTI dealers. The bigger stuff still takes a little longer to get.

Thanks John, That was the info I couldn't find to reference. From the release:

NOTE: this is based on the best forecast CTI has at the present time, and has the potential to improve/delay overtime.

Short-Term (1-3 month window)
Limited to existing inventory for all Pro24-98 (no production

Mid-Term (2-8 month window):
Pro24: lots of Vmax, WhiteT, Classic available (shortage amongst others propellants)
Pro29-54; most types available (a few propellants may have shortages)
Pro75-98 will have limited production
No Pro54 Longburn
No Pro75 6G (M3700)
Some shortages anticipated with Vmax, WhiteT, and C-star propellant in general

Long-Term (6-18 month window)
90-100% full production Potential delays in Pro54 Longburn
Potential delays in Pro75 6G (M3700)
Based on that, there should have been 38mm and 54mm loads available starting in January, with almost full production starting around now.

Looking at AMW and Wildman's websites, stock in both those sizes continues to be very light. The schedule has obviously slipped. I'll say again, I understand delays especially after a disaster of this size. Since that information from May 2016 is no longer relevant, it would be nice to have an update is all.

CTI staff don't post here, but CTI dealers do. Their silence on the subject makes me think there's no fresh news, good or bad, either on production or Jeroen's recovery. For now I'll assume there won't be loads available for our next season and plan on getting by on AT single use.

If the availability of CTI 54mm reloads doesn't improve by the fall rocket flying season then I am going to finally break down and buy some other motor hardware. Loki would be nice but we only have a Loki vendor onsite once or twice a year.

At the nxrs launch, bay area said they were only getting about 10% of what they were ordering so it wasn't worth it to order since shipping/hazmat to the west coast was only cost effective if he could get a full order filled.

Last edited:
If the availability of CTI 54mm reloads doesn't improve by the fall rocket flying season then I am going to finally break down and buy some other motor hardware. Loki would be nice but we only have a Loki vendor onsite once or twice a year.

Don't let that hold you back. Until recently, Scott did an excellent job of keeping motors in stock and shipping quickly. I suspect the lack of CTI motors has given him a welcome boost in sales but with a side effect of being unable to handle the workload (yet).

[edit: off topic - mod] If nothing else, the motor hardware across all the vendors tends to retain its value over time.

wildman must be getting some stock i see some 6 grain and couple different 6xl in stock , would he have been sold out otherwise ?

Loki wise CTI doesn't make a 54/4000 anyway :)

In their May 2016 document CTI said "We will give more updates at appropriate time intervals". That was 14 months ago and there have been no updates since then. This is bad customer service. It's time for an official update from CTI.

Thai is nothing official just some observances.
It has been over a year since the accident that destroyed an entire building with specialized equipment and almost killed the lead designer for the company.
I know they are close and I am still not getting anywhere near what I was but I am receiving some product.
BTW I also talked with Jeroun recently and he is still in rehab and is continuing to improve .

Thai is nothing official just some observances.
It has been over a year since the accident that destroyed an entire building with specialized equipment and almost killed the lead designer for the company.
I know they are close and I am still not getting anywhere near what I was but I am receiving some product.
BTW I also talked with Jeroun recently and he is still in rehab and is continuing to improve .

Best wishes for a continued recovery for him. Thanks for the update, Tim.

Don't let that hold you back. Until recently, Scott did an excellent job of keeping motors in stock and shipping quickly. I suspect the lack of CTI motors has given him a welcome boost in sales but with a side effect of being unable to handle the workload (yet).

[edit: off topic - mod] If nothing else, the motor hardware across all the vendors tends to retain its value over time.

Folks, please remember to keep this thread about CTI and not use it to sell or promote its competitors. If providing such advice seems appropriate in the context of the question asked, please use PMs.

Thanks for your thoughts Tim. I am going to call CTI Monday morning and ask for an update. I doubt that they will give me any new information but it is worth a try. After reading other members comments on this Forum it's apparent that CTI is most likely not aware of the extent of their customers concerns. They are most likely not reading this Forum.

CTI makes some great products. I particularly like there ease of assembly.

If CTI gives me any new information I will post it on this Forum.

Bob

I am curious to know how things are going as well. I only have a Pro38 1 grain case ATM (never flown it) but I am gathering parts for a rocket to build with a 75mm hole. The Pro75 2 and 3 grain motors/hardware seems to be the most affordable with the most variety. Of course, by the time the parts come together they will probably be back in full scale production.

Thanks for your thoughts Tim. I am going to call CTI Monday morning and ask for an update. I doubt that they will give me any new information but it is worth a try. After reading other members comments on this Forum it's apparent that CTI is most likely not aware of the extent of their customers concerns. They are most likely not reading this Forum.

CTI makes some great products. I particularly like there ease of assembly.

If CTI gives me any new information I will post it on this Forum.

Bob

They are aware of the forum, I told them last week when I talk to them. There isn't much news being given to the dealers either other than they are working on it.

Last edited:
Back