CTI reload casings

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb M.

Reaction score
Hello. I'm interested in starting reloads and I found some casings I might like, but I'm not sure if I need to buy closures for the casings. I've heard something about buying closures for reloads, but I'm not sure which brand it applies to and where to get them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Caleb

Depends on the diameter. CTI requires aft closures for 24mm, 29mm, and 54mm, and both aft and forward closures for 75 and 98mm. 38mm does not require any kind of closure, as the threading is built into the reload itself.

Yeah. Sorry about that. I should have specified. I'm looking into 38mm motor casings. Alright. Thanks. So it is just the casing and propellant?

For CTI 38 mm motors, you just need the case and reload. The cases have a rounded forward end that contains the closure included with the reload. So once you have the case, that’s all you need for the motor. You will still want to buy a DAT - delay adjustment tool so you can set the delay duration to match your needs.

Tony

And be very careful threading the reload into the case. Very easy to cross thread (plastic reload and metal case) Use spacers if necessary. Push the reload in till it touches, turn anti-clock until you feel the thread engage, then thread it in. Don't have more than the recommended gap between case and reload or you'll guarantee a cato.
Cheers,
Mark

Back