CTI question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apburner

APBurner
Reaction score
I have been kinda out of the loop for the last few months but am jumping back in with both feet. I am building a level 3 cert bird amd have heard that CTI is not producing motors at the moment. Is this true or just a nasty rumor.
thanks
Steve

They had a fire at one of their manufacturing plants this past spring. They are still making motors but at a much slower rate until they get the other facility up and running. CTI estimated that it would be like a year or so. They have a bulletin on their website which has more details.

Just call some of the motor vendors to see what they have. Also AT is making reloads that fit in CTI cases. AT should have a motor that will work out for you.

[video=youtube;d0xjmJ-Yur8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0xjmJ-Yur8[/video]

AT video using 75mm AT reload in CTI case

If this is a little off topic im sorry but is there a list anywhere of what motors from AT cross to CTI and vice versa?

If this is a little off topic im sorry but is there a list anywhere of what motors from AT cross to CTI and vice versa?

ALL AT 75mm reloads are certified to fly in the corresponding length CTI hardware.
ALL CTI 75mm reloads are certified to fly in the corresponding length AT hardware.

It is advised to use the AT seal disk and o-ring in both combinations.
If you buy a 75mm AT reload, make sure it has the single-throat nozzle, AT recommends it in the CTI hardware.
I like using it anyway.

I fly at MDRA, so uncertified combinations are allowed as long as the RSO approves your flight.
I use a the above combinations plus I have used these loads in Kosdon/AMW hdw with the hubcap adapter.
You can use spacers for longer cases but again I have no proof their use is certified when mixing different manufacturers.

What length of AT loads fit the Pro75 3 grain, 4 grain, and 6 grain cases? Up to this point, I've used CTI 75 loads exclusively...

ALL AT 75mm reloads are certified to fly in the corresponding length CTI hardware.
ALL CTI 75mm reloads are certified to fly in the corresponding length AT hardware.

It is advised to use the AT seal disk and o-ring in both combinations.
If you buy a 75mm AT reload, make sure it has the single-throat nozzle, AT recommends it in the CTI hardware.
I like using it anyway.

I fly at MDRA, so uncertified combinations are allowed as long as the RSO approves your flight.
I use a the above combinations plus I have used these loads in Kosdon/AMW hdw with the hubcap adapter.
You can use spacers for longer cases but again I have no proof their use is certified when mixing different manufacturers.

75/5120=75/4g
75/3840=75/3G
75/2560=75/2g

You should be able to extrapolate the rest.

One other question: In the 75mm line, are the AT and the CTI grains the same length?

I would say they are because the total length is close enough that they fit AT or CTI hdw.

Yes.... and I was wondering what the addition of the AT forward seal disk would do to to the total length of the reload... but evidently, since AT recommends it, it must not be not enough of a difference to warrant concern. Thanks for the reply!

Yes.... and I was wondering what the addition of the AT forward seal disk would do to to the total length of the reload... but evidently, since AT recommends it, it must not be not enough of a difference to warrant concern. Thanks for the reply!

All of my configurations use the seal disk when using a 75mm reload whether in any case. Not much difference between the seal disk and the washer in the CTI reload, meaning the thickness not much difference but the seal disc IMHO is a better seal.

Last edited:
Back