CTI Pro24

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where will it end? I'm holding out for Pro13's and Pro6's. :D

MarkII

Very good news indeed ,although I heard they were going to..."maybe" eventually awhile back ,this will be great for my Launch pad kits.

Bring `em on !!

P

Cool. Nothing whatsoever against Aerotech, but competition in the marketplace is great for the consumer. That be us. :D

Great News!!!!! I am going to be their best customer.

Yeah I think you are going to have to fight for that spot. :neener: the line is long and distinguished!

I am watching for the thread "I flew the first CTI 24mm"

These should be nice I have 3 AT24mm cases and I never use them, they are just to much hassle. I don't like spending 20 mins trying to prep a Low power flight, all those tiny parts, grease, ejection charges.. its a pain in the butt.

CTI24mm means I should be flying a lot more of my Low power fleet!

WOW!

This is great news for rocketry, especially if you can use the "dial your own delay" tool for the motor.

Can I say it again, WOW!

:D:clap:

Will the Pro24 motors be California classified? :confused:

I'm still waiting to hear if the Pro29 motors have been approved by the California State Fire Marshals office. :(

Will the Pro24 motors be California classified? :confused:

I'm still waiting to hear if the Pro29 motors have been approved by the California State Fire Marshals office. :(

I am sure they will be it all has to do with the propellant they are made of! and I believe that all the CTI propellant is Cali approved. :clap:

it also has to do with size.

I cant wait! they'll be more expensive than Aerowrecks but at least I dont have to worry about crashing or torching any of my rockets anymore. Once these become available and I use up my Aerowreck stash, im going sell my cases :)

As was riginally Posted by Jeroen_at_CTI on RP
Just a hint for now: please stop gluing motor blocks in your 24 mm rockets
;-).
Jeroen

I have been saying that since we started the bidness.
Someday, I said, you will want to fly longer motors in those kits.
But noooooooooooooo, almost everyone wants to defile their motor mount with these little buggers.

Don't say I didn't warn ya'!

:p

it also has to do with size.

I cant wait! they'll be more expensive than Aerowrecks but at least I dont have to worry about crashing or torching any of my rockets anymore. Once these become available and I use up my Aerowreck stash, im going sell my cases :)

Let me know, if the price is right I'd be interested.

What's with the [email protected] link on the CTI site?
If you click on it, you get a page not found and when I sent an email, it got kicked back as undeliverable.

Let me know, if the price is right I'd be interested.

What's with the [email protected] link on the CTI site?
If you click on it, you get a page not found and when I sent an email, it got kicked back as undeliverable.

you need an AT 24mm case? I have three that I never use.... But ask yourself "Why?" first.. then save your money for quality..

As was riginally Posted by Jeroen_at_CTI on RP
Just a hint for now: please stop gluing motor blocks in your 24 mm rockets
;-).
Jeroen

I have been saying that since we started the bidness.
Someday, I said, you will want to fly longer motors in those kits.
But noooooooooooooo, almost everyone wants to defile their motor mount with these little buggers.

Don't say I didn't warn ya'!

:p

Hmmmmm...I now know what you mean.Gawd ,I`m such an idiot !

P

The rumor is H and I reloads, but nothing is confirmed. Here is a teaser hint provided by Jeroen: https://www.rocketryplanet.com/forums/showpost.php?p=148952&postcount=15
Great! IOW, nothing more for us non-HP certified fliers. But hey, we should be grateful for the 5 or 6 reloads (out of 200+) that they make that don't require certification to purchase. Maybe we'll finally get a few more bones tossed our way when they come out with the Pro13s and Pro6s. After all, we are only 3/4's (or more) of the hobby.

MarkII

Using H & I impulse motors in most 24mm. rocket kits on the market today would be equivalent to using C & D impulse motors in mini powered rockets :y:
Say good by!!!

Oh their is a market for them, a very small one. they would make some great min diam record breakers.. but I think on a whole. they should go up to a "F" motor, and maybe one or two small "G's" just for fun.

I think 24mm H & I motors would have a very limited market.

I also think that 24mm H and I motors would result in a bunch of shredded rockets and several lost 24mm motor cases.;)

Although I'm sure flying an upscaled BT-50 sized Estes Wizard on an I motor would be a blast, literally.:D

I don't see much use for 24mm motors bigger than a mid G (like the coming AT 24/120 case). 24mm rockets aren't build for H and I power.

That said, 24mm rocket to Mach 1.8? Way cool. :y:

Oh their is a market for them, a very small one. they would make some great min diam record breakers.. but I think on a whole. they should go up to a "F" motor, and maybe one or two small "G's" just for fun.

I'd love to see a full G in 24mm, especially if it's a long burn motor. The Ellis g-37 was a very cool motor, though it wasn't a full G. It's very doable to have a safe, Mach-busting 24mm rocket with dual-deployment and a radio tracker.

11kft on a long-burning full G is probably possible.

I don't see much use for 24mm motors bigger than a mid G (like the coming AT 24/120 case). 24mm rockets aren't build for H and I power.

That said, 24mm rocket to Mach 1.8? Way cool. :y:

I agree kits arent built for big 24mm "G's" but if they were available I but there would be people building some.

Back