CTI plugged forward closure

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbraibish

Reaction score
I am looking at the aeropack 38mm minimum diameter forward retention adapter for CTI motors.
MC38__25.jpg
(image from aeropack site)
It has a nipple on it that is intended to fill a non plugged "standard" forward closure for a CTI reload. The new(er) J150 Mellow Yellow reload has a plugged forward closure that I have not seen or am otherwise familiar with. Would someone please tell me does the CTI plugged forward closure have the same geometry to allow the use of the Aeropack retainer? Thanks.

I am looking at the aeropack 38mm minimum diameter forward retention adapter for CTI motors.
MC38__25.jpg
(image from aeropack site)
It has a nipple on it that is intended to fill a non plugged "standard" forward closure for a CTI reload. The new(er) J150 Mellow Yellow reload has a plugged forward closure that I have not seen or am otherwise familiar with. Would someone please tell me does the CTI plugged forward closure have the same geometry to allow the use of the Aeropack retainer? Thanks.

G’day

Good question. I mounted the aeropac retainer into a 2016 38 mm CTI J150. Maybe the forward closure has changed since then. What I did was carefully remove the white cap that sits over the black powder ejection charge. Then, the retainer should fit.

While YMMV, I hope my experience resolves your problem.

Best wishes

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Would someone please tell me does the CTI plugged forward closure have the same geometry to allow the use of the Aeropack retainer? Thanks.
I just flew one this weekend. The plugged closure has the same geometry of charge well, it's just longer so it pokes about 1/2 inch or so above the top of the case. And there's no BP, obviously. The retainer should fit fine.

Back