CTI motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro29

Reaction score
I ordered some CTI motors on canadian dealer last year and they shipped me by the FedEx-Tracking ID 776042180478.
Package is at Memphis TN for 9 months.
How can I receive this package?

Where are you located? I’d contact dealer and tell them the problem. Or call FedEx.

That's going to be between you and the seller -- I'm guessing they may not have had all the right paperwork for exporting propellant.

I see. This dealer is one of CTI authorized distributors.
Do you know a dealer who does all the proper paperwork for exporting propellants?

Also, those can't be shipped air freight. They have to go by "ground", that means a slow boat. They are probably waiting for a container to put it in that is hazmat and going to the right part of the world.

Thank you everyone.

Reply from FedEx Japan (September 2019). (Translated by Google, originally written in Japanese)
Mr.Xxxx
Thank you for your e-mail.
Regarding the cargo, it has been pointed out that undeclared dangerous goods are contained by US Customs at Memphis Airport at the transit point.
After confirming with FAA (US Federal Aviation Administration), there is a possibility that it will be disposed of in the current situation.
We have contacted the sender, and the sender is expected to submit the necessary documents. Currently, our company in charge of Canada is in contact with the sender.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, there is no need for Mr. Xxxx to do anything, and Mr. Xxxx has no choice but to wait. I'm sorry.
I will monitor the progress and contact you again if there is any new information.
Thank you for your cooperation.

I am waiting.

Thank you everyone.

We have contacted the sender, and the sender is expected to submit the necessary documents. Currently, our company in charge of Canada is in contact with the sender.

you might want to contact the sender and see if theyve been contacted about the documents

Also, those can't be shipped air freight. They have to go by "ground", that means a slow boat. They are probably waiting for a container to put it in that is hazmat and going to the right part of the world.
Thank you for your advice.
Yes, some one told me "rocket motors can not shipped as a consolidated shipment."
All toy fireworks are shipped by boat from China.
Shipper must reserve one dedicaited container.
My order (20G and 20H motors) is too small for one container.
I do not know shipping cost to Japan by one container.
I paied this shipping cost to this sender.

Thank you.
I will try contacting them next time.
They also have the Aerotech motors.
I previously contacted the Aerotech.
They introduced me to a Japanese dealer.
This dealer was out of stock or back-order for the motors I needed.
I gave up on the Aerotech motors.

Where are you located? I’d contact dealer and tell them the problem. Or call FedEx.

I wrote e-mail.
No reply from the dealer.
The dealer is not flow up this order any more.

Even though FedEx Canada and the Transport Canada allowed departure from Ontario Airport, why FedEx US and FAA are unloaded this goods at Memphis Airport? Peeping?

Doubtful. Anyhow sorry you’re having this problem but I’d keep trying to contact vendor, by phone or email. Good luck!

Doubtful. Anyhow sorry you’re having this problem but I’d keep trying to contact vendor, by phone or email. Good luck!
I have the same experience 40 years ago.
The vendor was bankrupted.
Ex-president of NAR replied my mail.
Letter28-Jan-1980.jpg

Send him a PM if you want to know. We do not know all the details so no need to make it public.
I myself would like to know. No need sending money to a vendor if there is a problem.
You are right we don't know all the details. There are buyers still waiting for kits purchased 18 months ago from a certain vendor.

In his case it sounds like it was shipped but without correct paper work. We do not know for sure and since it was CTI, there are only 2 authorized dealers in Canada.

It may not be what you want to hear but from now now on, buy only in Japan. As for Memphis that is FEDEX's Corp location and central hub, theoretically all shipments go thru the hub...even in USA, if you ship from one city to another city in the same state. That is how they develop their "gotta be overnight" business model.

I wrote a letter to CEO of FedEx Japan this week.
Then the customer sevice person of FedEx Japan got in touch with FedEx US and the sender.

The answer came from the person in charge in the United States.
The cargo has not been discarded and is still stored in the warehouse.
Since the cargo is dangerous goods, and the shipper does not prepare packing and documents in accordance with the procedure for dangerous goods, the cargo should be discarded at the site, or if the shipper or consignee looks for a company that can prepare for the shipment of dangerous goods near Memphis Airport and packs it, it is possible to continue shipping the cargo to Japan.

She reports me the sender will follow up this transaction.

I wrote a letter to CEO of FedEx Japan this week.
Then the customer sevice person of FedEx Japan got in touch with FedEx US and the sender.

The answer came from the person in charge in the United States.
The cargo has not been discarded and is still stored in the warehouse.
Since the cargo is dangerous goods, and the shipper does not prepare packing and documents in accordance with the procedure for dangerous goods, the cargo should be discarded at the site, or if the shipper or consignee looks for a company that can prepare for the shipment of dangerous goods near Memphis Airport and packs it, it is possible to continue shipping the cargo to Japan.

She reports me the sender will follow up this transaction.
You might as well just take the loss. Place a new order from a dealer who can do what is needed to get you the motors correctly.

As the only CTI dealer that can ship via AIR I can tell you these can be shipped to Japan.
Only a couple hours paperwork and it is NOT HAZMAT, it's DANGEROUS GOODS.
I checked the authorization table and Japan is OK.
See here:
https://www.fedex.com/en-us/service-guide/dangerous-goods/international-locations.html
So if you need a box of motors overnighted or international, give AMW a call.

PS: I do not know how many container ships leave from Tennessee ;)

As a follow up to this thread, I am the vendor that sold the motors in this case.

A Fedex rep didn't do his job and gave me wrong information. Other Fedex employees never returned phone calls on this matter. I will be submitting a claim to Fedex.

As for the payment, I have made a full refund to the buyer.

This thread also shows how small this forum has become and it is hard to justify the $25 monthly fee for vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back