CTI Motor Availability

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jozef

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the latest news is on CTI motor production? I need 54mm hardware for a new build. Have been flying CTI 38mm and like the ease of loading and flexibility of the spacer system. My concern is motor availability. Lots of empty supplier shelves from what I can tell

There were very few available on Black Friday/Saturday sales if that says anything!

Looks like you're pretty close to the Wildman in Princeton, IL.. you might want to try calling him and seeing what he has available and what he expects to have delivered in the near future? My guess though however is that it's going to be slim pickings for a little while.

A very good question. AMW-ProX had a lot of reloads in stock at our last launch, but a lot of them were the less common ones (like Mellow Yellow).

But sadly, we just don't know the state of affairs. CTI has not been forthcoming with information. Dealers get what they can, when they can, I think. And I have seen no prognosis on CTI's status.

I've been in a similar situation; I just bought CTI 38mm hardware. I've used their 29mm stuff for a couple years, and really like the simple loading. I bought the 38mm during Wildman's Black Friday sale, but I may wind up leapfrogging that and going to Loki if there's no apparent improvement in the situation by spring.

I've been in a similar situation; I just bought CTI 38mm hardware. I've used their 29mm stuff for a couple years, and really like the simple loading. I bought the 38mm during Wildman's Black Friday sale, but I may wind up leapfrogging that and going to Loki if there's no apparent improvement in the situation by spring.

I think a lot of people will be doing that.

I have a P38 2 grain case I used for L1, and what I believe to be the last H225 that was for sale. I'll use that to fly Big SAM again, but, if the stock situation doesn't improve, I'll probably be using SU disposable 29s for awhile in the Mid-power(to Hi) fleet I'm building (to test electronics).

It may have been a lot harder/more expensive to replace some of that unique equipment than they predicted.

Back