CTI Motor Adapters on the way?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ONAWHIM

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I understand that CTI may be introducing a new product(s), 29mm adapters or spacers that would allow for using a smaller grain reload than what the hardware is capable. Perhaps a 3G motor could support 1&2G reloads, etc.
Kinda like the solution by others.

No real detail that I know of, just an answer to an email question from CTI.

Is this public knowledge?

Wm.

Last edited:
As I understand it; you can stack 2 grain spacers in one case. That gives you the flexibility of flying from 3 different cases in one.

JD

Yep, they do. I have the 38mm one.

It makes it so you can fly twice as many reloads,while having half as many cases! and they are simple and easy to use.

29mm spacers that would allow for using a smaller grain reload than what the hardware is capable. No real detail that I know of, just an answer to an email question from CTI.

There will be an announcement regarding these products soon from the certification body (CAR/MCC).

Jeroen

Awesome news! :D

And I am gonna have to get me one of those H159's and try it! FOr some reason I love green flames!:cool:

Awesome news! :D

And I am gonna have to get me one of those H159's and try it! FOr some reason I love green flames!:cool:

Hopefully the Green will turn up in some of the smaller Pro29 cases. Say the 3 or 4 grain size. Not to mention in Pro38 cases.

Nice work!:D

Al

Hopefully the Green will turn up in some of the smaller Pro29 cases. Say the 3 or 4 grain size. Not to mention in Pro38 cases.

It will. We had to start somewhere. Since this cert session we made a lot of propellant. All ready to be certified.

Jeroen

Pardon me for being a bit dense
sometimes but does the 29mm spacer
make 6XL casing work with regular 6 grain
reloads ??

Last edited:
I have never removed the grains from an XL case, are their truly 7 grains? or just 6 grains that are as long as 7 grains would be? just curious.

I'm just wondering what to do with the next size up now. 6GXXL? 8G? ;-)

Jeroen

I think "6GXXL" would be fine. Rocketeers are very used to sizes like "XXL" and "XXXL", as I'm sure you've noticed by looking at the T-shirt pile at a major launch.

Instead of 6GXXL go with 6GMagnum. Works for other products.

Legs

Alpha Hybrids Spokesfrog

I think 29mm Maximum would sound cool. But if you then do a 9 grain you'll have another problem.

Don

Pro29 turns one, CTI announces special 2010 promotion

https://www.rocketryplanet.com/content/view/3172/30/

The Pro29 special 2010 promotion consists of a Pro29-3G motor casing plus an aft closure ring, two Pro29 case spacers to allow you to fly Pro29 1G and 2G reloads kits in your 3G casing, a ProDAT Delay Adjustment Tool and a ProDAT centering ring for use with the ProDAT in the 29mm line of motors.

Using the supplied spacers, all eighteen Pro29-1G, 2G and 3G reload kits can be flown with this hardware package varying in total impulse from 41 Ns to 168 Ns, reflecting the equivalent of a Pro29/40-170 motor set.

Back