CTI L935

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSenesy

Reaction score
Anyone have a Rocksim file for this bad boy? I'm drooling thinking of what 3400+ Ns will do in my 3" Wildman :y:

NM, just found the CTI update files a few posts down. My bad...:caffeine:

Does anyone know if it has any special grain geometry?
It is a regular motor. The core/grain configuration is the same as that of the L730.

A very powerful motor. I saw one fly at Oktoberfest yesterday and it shredded the ACME fin can.

Jeroen

Mine sims to 13,399', max velocity 1,291f/s, and 22 gee's.

Eric

It is a regular motor. The core/grain configuration is the same as that of the L730.

A very powerful motor. I saw one fly at Oktoberfest yesterday and it shredded the ACME fin can.

Jeroen
Heck of a flight, wasn't it :D

It's the first time I've seen an Acme can shredded like that. I may have a picture of that flight somewhere - I'll look for it later and post it if I have it.

Heck of a flight, wasn't it :D

It's the first time I've seen an Acme can shredded like that. I may have a picture of that flight somewhere - I'll look for it later and post it if I have it.

Any idea if the fin can had structural issues before the flight?

My L impulse altitude rocket uses an Acme fin can and the the L935 is one of the motors I was looking at using.

I may just go with the L640 Dual-thrust instead.

Any idea if the fin can had structural issues before the flight? My L impulse altitude rocket uses an Acme fin can and the the L935 is one of the motors I was looking at using. I may just go with the L640 Dual-thrust instead.
That's what is being looked at right now. It was an old fin can, but no obvious problems with it. Here is a photo of the flight:

New-65.jpg

Jeroen

Midwest Power should be interesting as there's a max altitude drag race for 3" Wildmen mostly on this motor.

I'm planning on flying mine on a L935 at Red Glare in November. Guess I'll get to see how good my building technique is :)

Back