CTI H80?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayco

Desert Rat Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is a misprint from CTI, but had me going for a while:
045_1.jpg

How many different 29mm 2 grain Skidmarks do you have in your motor box?

Poor Cesaroni. Man, they have really been having a hard time of it. VMAX delay blow by, Pro38 closure failures, factory fire and motor shortage, and now misprints.

I hope they get things straightened out and start cranking out lots and lots of dependable motors soon!

Interesting that they both have the same datecode. I wonder if it was done when they were doing a switchover on the labels (going from one type to another) and didn't switch over properly.

What does your vendor say about it?

Maybe a second production line or second production run had a roll of misprinted labels slip through? Even though they were made the same day, the labels still look different. Font size of the "CE" and general spacing.

For example, I once worked in a bottling line where labels were set up and printed on a computer next to the line before the run. Sometimes they would be a roll short and had to rush and print one more while the run was already in progress.

(edit: just noticed djs made the same point... I bet it was a solitary roll with the typo)

Last edited:
Interesting that they both have the same datecode. I wonder if it was done when they were doing a switchover on the labels (going from one type to another) and didn't switch over properly.

What does your vendor say about it?

Wildman is a little busy right now, not sure I could post up what he would say if I got ahold of him....
I'm with Bat-mite, let's hope they can get back to normal and I can get more L935's, L640's and all the other loads we love.

I have -0- in motor box ATM

lol I will burn them for you , great load for darkstar mini :)

I say it's defective and you need to get rid of it. I'll buy it off of you for 1$ and dispose of it properly for you :)

If you won't contact WM, I'd go right to the source and let Sandi know about it. She's been pretty responsive these days.

It WOULD be nice to have an H80 skid, though... along with skid longburns.

CTI J145 is a Skid longburn:

Cesaroni J145

Manufacturer:Cesaroni Technology
Entered:Jun 19, 2014
Last Updated:Jun 26, 2014
Mfr. Designation:699J145-19A
Common Name:J145
Motor Type:reload
Delays:9-19
Diameter:54.0mm
Length:23.6cm
Total Weight:837g
Prop. Weight:417g
Cert. Org.:Canadian Association of Rocketry
Cert. Date:Jun 17, 2014
Average Thrust:143.7N
Maximum Thrust:505.3N
Total impulse:699.1Ns
Burn Time:4.9s
Isp:171s
Case Info:Pro54-2G
Propellant Info:Skidmark
Availability:regular

And I don't think that's a misprint either, I have one.

I thought you bought the L935 in a 6pack, Wayco.

I have some 54md to build and fly, would like to see the K300 or one of the longer Dual Thrust for a 20k attempt.

Kenny

We did, Kenny - and I've been launching them until he hid the last L935 from me somewhere. Favorite.Motor.Ever

Very nice , an AP scavenger hunt

A few of us have some 15k flights to make .. will have to travel out to TRA PHX or FAR ..

Will be a great year !

Kenny

Back