CTI Discussion Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very pleased there's now a CTI thread in TRF.

Welcome, and thank you for being a resource here! Hopefully folks will stick to the facts and their first hand experience with your products. I have a K-740 C* going up tomorrow. :headspinning:
+1
Fact: The K740 is a superb motor
First hand experience: Felt like a 5G stuffed in a 4G case...😎

Please do post a pic of the launch if you can..😊

Thank you for being here. I'm a devoted CTI fan, mainly because of the ease of assembly. It makes a world of difference for a TARC team to be able to get a dozen motors ready to fly in the heated shop so all we have to do in the field is load them into the casing. Personally, I don't have a lot of time on the flying field, and the ease of assembly makes it possible to fly more.

And the K740 rocks!

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum!

I was told awhile back that CTI does not make a boat tail for the 98mm gen 2 case. Are there any plans to make one?

Jeff

I have a CTI Pro29 motor casing but I still haven't gotten around to try it. I'm also planning to try out the HyperTEK hybrid product line once I get a few other projects out of the way. Love your stuff!

Bob and I have been friends for many, many years. Anything, anything, that he writes to us us on our Forum, is dead straight the truth, or he believes it be so. I know him that well to say so, and this is not something that I say absent very much consideration...
I hope that you are ok Bob...you get it...

Welcome. I cant believe this hasn't been said yet. How is Jereon? We all miss him on the forum. Please bring back the Snap ring compatible loads and expand the line. Some of us actually ENJOY assembling a motor!. Yea, you know who I'm talking about you lazy non motor assembling boneheads.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Bob. Nice to have a direct line into vendors here. There have been some really insightful comments on other vendor threads and look forward to that happening here.

Personally I fly CTI almost exclusively. I have flown from 24mm to 98mm, including a two-stage O3400-M2020 last year. Very happy with CTI motors.

Question: Is there any thought of there being a commercially available head-end ignition forward closure, or something, available for those that would lust after such a device? I ended up making my own, but a commercial unit would have simplified things somewhat.

Hello TRF community.
My name is Bob Pouliot. I have worked for Cesaroni Technologies since 2007 and am a BAR since 2000. After recently being promoted to management I've been snooping around the TRF and I'm glad to see that it's very popular and insightful. My hope is that CTI can provide an outlet for rocketeers who have questions, comments or concerns about our products.
I'm not a "Rocket Scientist" as some may think. I will leave that distinction to those who have earned it. I do have basic knowledge of how things work, and with my 20+ years of experience flying I'm sure I can be a valuable asset.
So if you have any questions, comments or concerns I'd love to hear them, or if you just want to chat feel free.
Welcome Bob! Great to see CTI here on the forum.

Welcome to the forums from a fellow Canadian! Big Cesaroni fan here. I got my Canadian L1, L2, & L3 certifications using CTI motors a few years back.

Below are some photos from a GoPro and a drone of one of my most recent flights back in September. Motor is a CTI 684J290 White.
View attachment 434410
View attachment 434412
Beautiful pics, I’ve got a Mavic Pro

Last edited:
I hope you all do not consider my comment a "grouchy complaint" or "venting". I will always use CTI motors. Have at least twenty from 24mm F30 to 54 mm K750 ready to launch. They will fly at MWP. Yes... welcome to the forum.
No offence taken, that’s why I’m here to see what people like or don’t like about our products.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience the Pro38 1and 2G issues have caused, and we will work harder to produce a reliable product for our valued customers.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Currently, all CTI reloads ship hazmat. As I understand it, some of the smaller reloads could ship non-hazmat but for something on CTI’s end. I’m not sure what that is - paperwork? paying a fee? human sacrifices? I heard this from a vendor. So if that’s wrong, I’ll withdraw the question.

Has CTI given any thought to being able to ship its eligible motors non-hazmat?
I would assume the dealers need larger motors anyway so they ship the non hazmat motors with them, saves from paying two shipping charges.
If you mean the dealers shipping to you I don’t see why they can’t ship non hazmat. I’ll look into it.

Any update on 24mm 6XL/7G ?

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/pro-24-6gxl.27137/#post-241457Any chance of a certified 24mm tailcone?

With 24mm FWFG kits, 24mm trackers, and 24mm dual deploy altimeters we could really break some records.

Thank you for the g65, I buy some almost any time a site launch vendor has them in stock.

EDIT: For instance, if one of those is a 99% G and another is a baby H that max out non-HazMat shipping in the same case....
There hasn’t been much new going on at CTI in hobby Rocketry, but we’re hoping to at least start certifying some current propellants in new configurations. Things like the P24 and P75 tail cones could be included.

Thinking like the 75mm and 98mm cases, they are flush with the motor tube and smooth

Back