CTI Discussion Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello TRF community.
My name is Bob Pouliot. I have worked for Cesaroni Technologies since 2007 and am a BAR since 2000. After recently being promoted to management I've been snooping around the TRF and I'm glad to see that it's very popular and insightful. My hope is that CTI can provide an outlet for rocketeers who have questions, comments or concerns about our products.
I'm not a "Rocket Scientist" as some may think. I will leave that distinction to those who have earned it. I do have basic knowledge of how things work, and with my 20+ years of experience flying I'm sure I can be a valuable asset.
So if you have any questions, comments or concerns I'd love to hear them, or if you just want to chat feel free.

Welcome to the forum, and I'm glad to see CTI sharing info here. My wife (Sharon H.) and I both fly a lot of CTI motors. We were prepping a Queen Viper cluster (3 x 38mm) with H100 Imax reloads and came across the April 12, 2019 instructions for trimming pellets. We were confused by the reference regarding the purchase date and date stamped on the motor. We contacted our local vendor, AMW Pro-X, and got it all taken care of. After trimming the pellets, we were later informed that Imax motors were not affected by that problem, but no mention of what specific motors should be modified were included in the instructions. The actual modification was easy, but figuring out when and from who we bought those specific motors took a bit of work. Why can't the affected motors be identified by the date stamped on the packing tube?

Welcome to the forum, and I'm glad to see CTI sharing info here. My wife (Sharon H.) and I both fly a lot of CTI motors. We were prepping a Queen Viper cluster (3 x 38mm) with H100 Imax reloads and came across the April 12, 2019 instructions for trimming pellets. We were confused by the reference regarding the purchase date and date stamped on the motor. We contacted our local vendor, AMW Pro-X, and got it all taken care of. After trimming the pellets, we were later informed that Imax motors were not affected by that problem, but no mention of what specific motors should be modified were included in the instructions. The actual modification was easy, but figuring out when and from who we bought those specific motors took a bit of work. Why can't the affected motors be identified by the date stamped on the packing tube?

The date on the packing tube is the propellant manufacturing date. At the time of discovering the issue, there were motors that were manufactured on the same date, some had been shipped to dealers, thus the in field modification was required. Other motors that were shipped after the discovery but from the same propellant manufacture date we had already made the change to.

The date on the packing tube is the propellant manufacturing date. At the time of discovering the issue, there were motors that were manufactured on the same date, some had been shipped to dealers, thus the in field modification was required. Other motors that were shipped after the discovery but from the same propellant manufacture date we had already made the change to.
Additionally the Pro38 2G motors that were also affected were:

Blue Streak (276H152-15A)
Classic (266H125-12A)
Red Lightning (261H120-14A)
Skidmark (232H123-14A)
White (269H110-14A)

The H100 IMax has a larger throat and doesn't require the modification.

It is great to have you on the forums. I git my L1 and L2 with cesaroni this summer. 90%+ of the motors flown at our club are cesaroni.

I fly CTI about 70% of my flights. 24 to 54mm. Lots of reasons.... performance and ease of assembly and disassembly. Though not happy with the 38mm one and two grain issues and need for user modifications. I fly two grain 38's a lot. Best resolution is to return to vendor for a replacement. You guys have to bite the bullet on this one.

I hope you all do not consider my comment a "grouchy complaint" or "venting". I will always use CTI motors. Have at least twenty from 24mm F30 to 54 mm K750 ready to launch. They will fly at MWP. Yes... welcome to the forum.

I hope you all do not consider my comment a "grouchy complaint" or "venting". I will always use CTI motors. Have at least twenty from 24mm F30 to 54 mm K750 ready to launch. They will fly at MWP. Yes... welcome to the forum.

Sorry Joe, my post just came after yours in sequence and was in no way directed to you or your words.

I was just giving Bob a fair warning based on the averaged type of interactions on the forum in general

Sorry Joe, my post just came after yours in sequence and was in no way directed to you or your words.

I was just giving Bob a fair warning based on the averaged type of interactions on the forum in general

All good here... Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Currently, all CTI reloads ship hazmat. As I understand it, some of the smaller reloads could ship non-hazmat but for something on CTI’s end. I’m not sure what that is - paperwork? paying a fee? human sacrifices? I heard this from a vendor. So if that’s wrong, I’ll withdraw the question.

Has CTI given any thought to being able to ship its eligible motors non-hazmat?

Weekend
I fly CTI about 70% of my flights. 24 to 54mm. Lots of reasons.... performance and ease of assembly and disassembly. Though not happy with the 38mm one and two grain issues and need for user modifications. I fly two grain 38's a lot. Best resolution is to return to vendor for a replacement. You guys have to bite the bullet on this one.
[/QUOTE
I also fly a good number of 38

Any update on 24mm 6XL/7G ?

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/pro-24-6gxl.27137/#post-241457Any chance of a certified 24mm tailcone?

With 24mm FWFG kits, 24mm trackers, and 24mm dual deploy altimeters we could really break some records.

Thank you for the g65, I buy some almost any time a site launch vendor has them in stock.

EDIT: For instance, if one of those is a 99% G and another is a baby H that max out non-HazMat shipping in the same case....

Last edited:
Back